The home of Redhawks football is one of FCS’s top facilities
Houck Stadium has served as the home of Southeast Missouri football since 1930, and the stadium isn’t showing its age one bit. That is thanks, in part of a commitment to keeping Houck Stadium a modern home for Redhawks football. Those recent improvements include new Field Turf, state-of-the-art scoreboard and new lighting. This is in addition to exterior improvements to the stadium that keep the entrance looking sleek. It’s a far cry from what the stadium began as when it was built before the 1930 season. Constructed on a former rock quarry, it required 10,000 bags of cement, 23,000 feet of Oregon fir and 150,000 feet of yellow pine to complete the project. College Football America and Road Trip Sports loved this stadium on its last visit and recommends it to anyone as a great place to watch a game on Saturday afternoons.
The staff at RoadTripSports.com and College Football America are working hard on the 2019 edition of the Yearbook, which will be out this summer. If you’d like updates or a heads-up when the Yearbook is released, just e-mail our editor at email@example.com and he’ll add you to the list. And if you want to see a list of our previous Yearbooks, click here.
- 2019 FBS Coaching Changes: Atlantic Athletic Conference - February 18, 2019
- Stadium Q&A: Ross-Ade Stadium, Purdue - February 7, 2019
- Stadium Video: Faurot Field, Missouri - February 5, 2019
- 2019 FBS Coaching Changes: American Athletic Conference - February 4, 2019
- CFA Traditions: Alfred Saxons Football - February 3, 2019
- Stadium Video: Houck Stadium, Southeast Missouri - February 2, 2019
- College Football America Yearbook 2019 Update: Feb. 1 - February 1, 2019
- Valdosta State wins D2 national title - December 15, 2018
- UMHB Crusaders win Stagg Bowl, 24-16 - December 15, 2018
- Ferris State takes down Ouachita Baptist in D2 playoffs - December 2, 2018