The staff of the College Football America Yearbook is starting to gear up for its 2019 edition. No, seriously.
If you’ve purchased our yearbook in the past, or if you’ve seen it, then you understand why we’re starting to work on it now. It’s a significant undertaking to cover every level of college football and do it well. Yes, we love to take a break from college football and decompress a little bit. But it doesn’t take us long to jones for a football fix, just like you do. The Super Bowl is this Sunday. After that, there’s no real football until August. And, yes I know about the other Spring leagues. Speaking just for myself, that doesn’t do it for me.
So what are we up to now?
Well, in the next few days we’re going to release our first postseason edition. It isn’t nearly as thick as our yearbook, but we’re looking at it as a season wrap, something that will allow you to know what happened in every division of college football whenever you need it. We’re talking standings, postseason results, all-time champions and some of our best photos of the year (but not our BEST photos. We’re saving those for the Yearbook, after all). Plus, you’ll find our postseason Starting Lineups (our All-America team) for FBS, FCS, Division II, Division III and NAIA. In the case of the smaller divisions, it’s our first postseason Starting Lineup.
This postseason guide will be a free PDF download. No cost required. Just come to our site, click on a link and download it. Plus, we will have separate covers for FBS (Clemson), FCS (North Dakota State), Division II (Valdosta State) and Division III (Mary Hardin-Baylor). So pick your favorite national champion and download.
After that, it’s time to start working on the 2019 edition. Right now that includes:
Working on all of the 2018 results. We’ve been pecking away at junior college and we’re working our way up from there.
Selecting our cover. I think we have agreement on who will be on the cover and we hope to share that with you soon.
Planning the budget for the book. We’re working on some ways to bring our page count down more without sacrificing content, something we hope will make the book more affordable in 2019.
If you’re interested in getting updates about the book’s release date, we’d love to add you to our e-mail list. Just send us our editor-in-chief, Matthew Postins, an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll get regular updates on our progress and when the book will be available.
In the meantime, we’ll see you down the road.
- 2019 FBS Coaching Changes: Atlantic Athletic Conference - February 18, 2019
- Stadium Q&A: Ross-Ade Stadium, Purdue - February 7, 2019
- Stadium Video: Faurot Field, Missouri - February 5, 2019
- 2019 FBS Coaching Changes: American Athletic Conference - February 4, 2019
- CFA Traditions: Alfred Saxons Football - February 3, 2019
- Stadium Video: Houck Stadium, Southeast Missouri - February 2, 2019
- College Football America Yearbook 2019 Update: Feb. 1 - February 1, 2019
- Valdosta State wins D2 national title - December 15, 2018
- UMHB Crusaders win Stagg Bowl, 24-16 - December 15, 2018
- Ferris State takes down Ouachita Baptist in D2 playoffs - December 2, 2018