The staff of the College Football America Yearbook is starting to gear up for its 2019 edition. No, seriously.
If you’ve purchased our yearbook in the past, or if you’ve seen it, then you understand why we’re starting to work on it now. It’s a significant undertaking to cover every level of college football and do it well. Yes, we love to take a break from college football and decompress a little bit. But it doesn’t take us long to jones for a football fix, just like you do. The Super Bowl is this Sunday. After that, there’s no real football until August. And, yes I know about the other Spring leagues. Speaking just for myself, that doesn’t do it for me.
So what are we up to now?
Well, in the next few days we’re going to release our first postseason edition. It isn’t nearly as thick as our yearbook, but we’re looking at it as a season wrap, something that will allow you to know what happened in every division of college football whenever you need it. We’re talking standings, postseason results, all-time champions and some of our best photos of the year (but not our BEST photos. We’re saving those for the Yearbook, after all). Plus, you’ll find our postseason Starting Lineups (our All-America team) for FBS, FCS, Division II, Division III and NAIA. In the case of the smaller divisions, it’s our first postseason Starting Lineup.
This postseason guide will be a free PDF download. No cost required. Just come to our site, click on a link and download it. Plus, we will have separate covers for FBS (Clemson), FCS (North Dakota State), Division II (Valdosta State) and Division III (Mary Hardin-Baylor). So pick your favorite national champion and download.
After that, it’s time to start working on the 2019 edition. Right now that includes:
Working on all of the 2018 results. We’ve been pecking away at junior college and we’re working our way up from there.
Selecting our cover. I think we have agreement on who will be on the cover and we hope to share that with you soon.
Planning the budget for the book. We’re working on some ways to bring our page count down more without sacrificing content, something we hope will make the book more affordable in 2019.
If you’re interested in getting updates about the book’s release date, we’d love to add you to our e-mail list. Just send us our editor-in-chief, Matthew Postins, an e-mail at email@example.com and you’ll get regular updates on our progress and when the book will be available.
In the meantime, we’ll see you down the road.
- College Football America Postseason Yearbook features Mary Hardin-Baylor Crusaders on D-III Cover - April 1, 2019
- College Football America Postseason Yearbook features Valdosta State Blazers on D-II Cover - April 1, 2019
- College Football America Postseason Yearbook features NDSU Bison on FCS Cover - April 1, 2019
- College Football America Postseason Yearbook features Dabo Swinney on FBS Cover - March 13, 2019
- CFA Traditions: Texas Pom Squad - March 1, 2019
- Stadium Video: Carl Smith Stadium, UVa-Wise - February 27, 2019
- Stadium Video: Kroger Field, Kentucky - February 26, 2019
- CFA Bands: The Lehigh Marching 97 - February 25, 2019
- CFA Traditions: Kennesaw State Owls takes the field - February 24, 2019
- 2019 Heisman Update: Group of 5 and Independents - February 22, 2019