The 2018 college football season is winding toward its conclusion. The final two champions will be crowned in the next week with the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision National Championship on January 5 followed by the Football Bowl Subdivision’s College Football Playoff National Championship Game on January 7.
A few weeks ago, we announced the RoadTripSports.com All-America Team for major college football, and today we roll out the Starting Lineups for the FCS, NCAA Division II, NCAA Division III and NAIA.
The FCS National Championship Game is set for Saturday, January 5, when Eastern Washington and North Dakota State will meet in Frisco, Texas. North Dakota State is on an unprecedented run at this level having won six of the past seven titles. As expected, the Bison are well-represented on the team leading the way with four selections. Jacksonville State and James Madison are the only other teams with more than one player selected with two apiece.
Eastern Washington, meanwhile, has just a single selection as they look to pull the upset in Frisco.
The NCAA Division II Championship was played on December 15, 2018, in McKinney, Texas, and the game was one of the best in Division II championship history. In the end, Valdosta State edged Ferris State 49-47 for the school’s fourth national title.
On our All-America team, Ferris State actually holds the edge over Valdosta State with three selections to one for the champions. Three other schools also have multiple players on the team. Concordia-St. Paul, Notre Dame (OH) and Sioux Falls each have two selections.
For the second time in three years, Mary Hardin-Baylor won the NCAA Division III National Championship. They did it by beating the kings of Division III football in a 24-16 win over the Mount Union Purple Raiders.
They are well-represented on our All-America team with six selections to lead the way while Mount Union has a single selection. Saint John’s, meanwhile, places three players on the team while Wisconsin-Whitewater has two.
Morningside won its first NAIA national championship this year with a 35-28 win over Benedictine (KS). Both teams are represented on our All-America team with two Morningside players making the cut while Benedictine has one.
Reinhardt is the only other team with multiple selections matching Morningside with two players on the team.
- RoadTripSports.com FCS and Small College All-America Teams - January 1, 2019
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 9, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com Defense Starting Lineup - December 8, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Offense Starting Lineup - December 8, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Coaching Staff - December 8, 2018
- Sewanee holds off Austin College for 28-20 win on The Mountain - September 16, 2018
- Fighting Hawks fly past Delta Devils in 35-7 rout - August 30, 2018
- Hawaii holds off late Colorado State rally in 43-34 stunner - August 26, 2018
- Bethel (TN) stuns No. 2 Reinhardt in 2018 opener, 31-21 - August 24, 2018
- College Football America 2018 Yearbook rolls with the Tide on cover - July 24, 2018