The 2018 edition of the RoadTripSports.com All-America Offense Starting Lineup features a potential Heisman winner at quarterback along with three other major award winners.
Alabama sophomore quarterback Tua Tagovailoa headlines the team heading into tonight’s Heisman Trophy presentation ceremony. Tagovailoa has already won two major player of the year awards taking home the Walter Camp and Maxwell Awards Thursday night during ESPN’s College Football Awards show. He’ll go head-to-head with two other quarterbacks in tonight’s Heisman showdown – Oklahoma junior Kyler Murray and Ohio State sophomore Dwayne Haskins.
Other award winners on the 2018 Offense Starting Lineup include Wisconsin sophomore running back Jonathan Taylor, the Doak Walker Award winner; Alabama sophomore wide receiver Jerry Jeudy, the Biletnikoff Award winner; and NC State senior center Garrett Bradbury, the Rimington Trophy winner.
Tagovailoa and Jeudy are joined on the team by junior offensive lineman Jonah Williams, an Outland Trophy finalist as the nation’s top interior lineman. The three members of the playoff-bound Crimson Tide are the most from any one team on this year’s Offense Starting Lineup.
Wisconsin is the only other team with more than one member of the lineup. Taylor has run for more than 1,900 yards in back-to-back seasons, but he’s already topped his 2017 total by 12 yards in two fewer games. His 1,989 yards lead the country, and barring an injury, he should easily top 2,000 after the Badgers’ bowl game. He’s joined on the team by one of his road-graders up front – senior offensive lineman Beau Benzschawel.
Joining Taylor at running back in the lineup is Memphis junior Darrell Henderson, the nation’s second-leading rusher with 1,909 yards. Jeudy’s teammate at wide receiver, meanwhile, is Oklahoma State sophomore Tylan Wallace. Wallace’s selection marks the second straight year that an Oklahoma State receiver made the starting lineup following James Washington’s selection in 2017. The tight end is Texas A&M junior Jace Sternberger.
Joining Alabama’s Williams, NC State’s Bradbury and Wisconsin’s Benzschawel on the offensive line are two seniors – Clemson’s Mitch Hyatt and Kansas State’s Dalton Risner.
Henderson, Jeudy, Taylor and Williams were all unanimous picks by the College Football America Yearbook staff. Additionally, Williams and Benzschawel were Second String selections in 2017.
The RoadTripSports.com Offense Starting Lineup
- QB – Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama, SO
- RB – Darrell Henderson, Memphis, JR
- RB – Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin, SO
- WR – Jerry Jeudy, Alabama, SO
- WR – Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State, SO
- TE – Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M, JR
- OL – Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin, SR
- OL – Mitch Hyatt, Clemson, SR
- OL – Dalton Risner, Kansas State, SR
- OL – Jonah Williams, Alabama, JR
- C – Garrett Bradbury, NC State, SR
- RoadTripSports.com FCS and Small College All-America Teams - January 1, 2019
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 9, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com Defense Starting Lineup - December 8, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Offense Starting Lineup - December 8, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Coaching Staff - December 8, 2018
- Sewanee holds off Austin College for 28-20 win on The Mountain - September 16, 2018
- Fighting Hawks fly past Delta Devils in 35-7 rout - August 30, 2018
- Hawaii holds off late Colorado State rally in 43-34 stunner - August 26, 2018
- Bethel (TN) stuns No. 2 Reinhardt in 2018 opener, 31-21 - August 24, 2018
- College Football America 2018 Yearbook rolls with the Tide on cover - July 24, 2018