ARKADELPHIA, Ark. — Ferris State was shoveling snow on its football field up in Big Rapids, Mich., to start the week, but by Saturday afternoon they were on their way to a 37-14 win over Ouachita Bapitst.
The victory for the Bulldogs (14-0) means they’ll face MSU-Mankato in the Division II semifinals next Saturday, and once again they’ll be on the road. But they proved their offense can handle things away from home.
The Bulldogs were incredible on the ground, rushing for 357 yards on their way to 501 total yards for the game. They also dominated time of possession, keeping the ball for nearly 35 minutes in the contest.
Marvin Campbell led the Bulldogs with 75 yards and a touchdown, but Robert Thomas, Derrick Portis and Evan Cummings each rushed for a touchdown. Travis Russell and Thomas each rushed for at least 60 yards.
Ferris State quarterback Jayru Campbell threw for 128 yards and a touchdown, while rushing for another 47 yards.
Meanwhile Ouachita Bapitst (12-1) gained only 281 total yards of total offense as it struggled to move the ball all afternoon. Quarterback Brayden Brazeal threw for 195 yards and two touchdowns, but also threw an interception. The bigger issues for OBU was running back Kris Oliver, who gained only 9 yards on 5 carries. Brazeal ended up being the leading rusher for the Tigers, too.
Allie Freeman and Lamar Haynes scored OBU’s only touchdowns.
- Ferris State takes down Ouachita Baptist in D2 playoffs - December 2, 2018
- UMHB rolls past Hardin-Simmons in Division III first-round playoff win - November 18, 2018
- Hamilton, Garth Brooks and some football too on the CFA Road Trip Replay - October 22, 2018
- Heidelberg beats Otterbein to retain Rhine River Cup - October 16, 2018
- Ohio State Buckeyes, NW Missouri Bearcats lead Road Trip Replay Podcast - October 16, 2018
- Haskins leads Ohio State Buckeyes past Minnesota - October 15, 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders drop TCU in Fort Worth - October 15, 2018
- Kansas State Wildcats, State Fair Classic highlight fourth 2018 CFA Podcast - October 3, 2018
- Texas Longhorns outlast Kansas State for first win in Manhattan since 2002 - September 30, 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders, Colorado Mines highlight third 2018 CFA Podcast - September 20, 2018