The Heidelberg Student Princes retained the Rhine River Cup with a 21-7 win over the Otterbein Cardinals in an Ohio Athletic Conference contest.
The Student Princes have won six of the last seven Rhine River Cup games, which commemorates the 1992 game between the two schools that was played in Germany.
Heidelberg grabbed the lead in the second quarter on a 54-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Trace Reynolds to Maceo Matthews. Reynolds and Matthews connected again on a 27-yard touchdown pass in the third quarter, followed by a 7-yard touchdown run by Jace Grossman.
The Cardinals finally got on the board late in the fourth quarter with a 2-yard touchdown run by Bryce Hall.
Reynolds was 18-for-26 passing for 224 yards and two scores. He added 90 yards on the ground. Matthews caught 5 passes for 90 yards. Erik Hagedorn led the Student Princes with 11 tackles.
Cardinals quarterback Steven Irwin threw for 149 yards and rushed for another 20 yards. The Cardinals found the ground game difficult, as they rushed for just 67 net yards. Dakota Allen led the Cardinals with 37 yards rushing.
Peyton Vanderkooi led the Cardinals with seven receptions for 117 yards, including a long reception of 33 yards. Ryan Tuchow had a whopping 17 tackles for the Cardinals.
It was Hall of Fame Weekend for Otterbein as it inducted five individuals into the HOF — Harold Anderson (multiple sports – class of 1924), Catherine Brunoehler Van Der Weide (women’s golf – class of 2011), Wayne Cummerlander (football – class of 1980), Dr. C. Brent DeVore (President from 1984-2009) and Kirk McDonald (baseball – class of 1985).
- College Football America Postseason Yearbook features Dabo Swinney on FBS Cover - March 13, 2019
- CFA Traditions: Texas Pom Squad - March 1, 2019
- Stadium Video: Carl Smith Stadium, UVa-Wise - February 27, 2019
- Stadium Video: Kroger Field, Kentucky - February 26, 2019
- CFA Bands: The Lehigh Marching 97 - February 25, 2019
- CFA Traditions: Kennesaw State Owls takes the field - February 24, 2019
- 2019 Heisman Update: Group of 5 and Independents - February 22, 2019
- Stadium Video: Fred Selfe Stadium, Emory & Henry - February 21, 2019
- Traditions: Louisville Takes the Field - February 20, 2019
- Stadium Video: Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Ole Miss - February 19, 2019