Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins continues his push toward a Heisman Trophy and helped keep the Ohio State Buckeyes undefeated as they beat Minnesota, 30-14, on Saturday at Ohio Stadium.
Haskins threw for 412 yards on 33-44 passing with three scores. Wide receiver K.J. Hill caught nine passes for a career-high 187 yards and two touchdowns while Parris Campbell grabbed eight passes for 56 yards. Mike Weber rushed for 60 yards.
Ohio State (7-0, 4-0 in Big Ten) had to deal with a pesky Minnesota (3-3, 0-3) crew all afternoon. At one point in the second quarter the Golden Gophers led, 14-10, with the help of their talented freshman back, Mohamed Ibrahim. He gained a career-high 157 yards and scored both of Minnesota’s touchdowns. For his effort Ibrahim was named the Big Ten Freshman Player of the Week.
But Ohio State slowly, but surely, regained control of the game. Hill’s 36-yard touchdown reception from Haskins late in the second quarter gave the Buckeyes the lead for good, 17-14. But OSU couldn’t quite close the door. The Golden Gopher defense made the Buckeyes settle for a pair of Blake Haubeil field goals, which only allowed the Buckeyes to take a 23-14 lead early in the fourth quarter.
Minnesota was driving when Isaiah Pryor had an interception at the Ohio State 2-yard line with 9:25 left in the game. That led the Hill’s other touchdown reception of the game, which put the game on ice.
Minnesota quarterback Zach Annexstad threw for just 218 yards passing. But much of that went to Tyler Johnson, who caught 8 passes for 119 yards.
- Valdosta State wins D2 national title - December 15, 2018
- UMHB Crusaders win Stagg Bowl, 24-16 - December 15, 2018
- Ferris State takes down Ouachita Baptist in D2 playoffs - December 2, 2018
- UMHB rolls past Hardin-Simmons in Division III first-round playoff win - November 18, 2018
- Hamilton, Garth Brooks and some football too on the CFA Road Trip Replay - October 22, 2018
- Heidelberg beats Otterbein to retain Rhine River Cup - October 16, 2018
- Ohio State Buckeyes, NW Missouri Bearcats lead Road Trip Replay Podcast - October 16, 2018
- Haskins leads Ohio State Buckeyes past Minnesota - October 15, 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders drop TCU in Fort Worth - October 15, 2018
- Kansas State Wildcats, State Fair Classic highlight fourth 2018 CFA Podcast - October 3, 2018