The Texas Tech Red Raiders and the Colorado Mines Orediggers highlight the third 2018 College Football America Road Trip Replay podcast, hosted by CFA editors Matthew Postins and Chuck Cox.
Matthew was at the Red Raiders’ home game against the Houston Cougars and got a heavy dose of gameday from the field at Jones AT&T Stadium. His last trip to Lubbock was in 2011, and seven years later the gameday experience is still one of the best in the Southwest. The Red Raiders feature on of the best marching bands in the country, the Goin’ Band from Raiderland, along with The Masked Rider, who rides a horse after touchdowns and the Double T Scoreboard, a remnant of the old days at the stadium. Matthew gives gameday at Texas Tech a high recommend.
Meanwhile, Chuck was in Colorado to check out gameday at two different locations — Colorado Mines and Colorado. Colorado Mines, located in Golden, Colo., the same place as Coors Beer, offered brilliant scenery and a live donkey on site. Then, it was a quick drive up to Boulder, Colo., to see the Colorado Buffaloes host New Hampshire in a non-conference game. If you’ve been to a Colorado game, you know what that means — Run Ralphie Run and Chuck talks about being about 20 feet from the Buffaloes’ live mascot. Plus, you’ve seen that, um, T-shirt gun mishap by Chip, the Buffs’ other mascot? Well Chuck has some inside intel on that, too.
The College Football America 2018 Yearbook is still available at Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com and at the iTunes store. The book features information on every team in college football, from FBS all the way down to junior colleges. The book’s photos are taken by the CFA staff at games throughout the country every week. Check out the photos on our Facebook page every week during the 2018 season.
- Stadium Q&A: Ross-Ade Stadium, Purdue - February 7, 2019
- Stadium Video: Faurot Field, Missouri - February 5, 2019
- 2019 FBS Coaching Changes: American Athletic Conference - February 4, 2019
- CFA Traditions: Alfred Saxons Football - February 3, 2019
- Stadium Video: Houck Stadium, Southeast Missouri - February 2, 2019
- College Football America Yearbook 2019 Update: Feb. 1 - February 1, 2019
- Valdosta State wins D2 national title - December 15, 2018
- UMHB Crusaders win Stagg Bowl, 24-16 - December 15, 2018
- Ferris State takes down Ouachita Baptist in D2 playoffs - December 2, 2018
- UMHB rolls past Hardin-Simmons in Division III first-round playoff win - November 18, 2018