The Texas A&M Aggies and the Midwestern State Mustangs are the focus of the second 2018 College Football America Road Trip Replay podcast, available at Soundcloud.com or below.
College Football America editor Chuck Cox was in College Station, Texas, to experience gameday at Kyle Field, the home of the Texas A&M Aggies, who were hosting Clemson in perhaps the biggest game of Week 2 of the 2018 season. Cox and co-host Matthew Postins have experienced gameday at College Station before, both as journalists and as fans. For the first time, Cox got to experience gameday on the field while shooting the game for the 2019 edition of the College Football America Yearbook.
If you haven’t experienced gameday at Kyle Field, it’s one of the singular experiences in major college football. From the Aggie War Hymn to the Yell Leaders, Cox walks you through the entire day in College Station and why the Aggies may have finally found their coach in Jimbo Fisher.
Meanwhile, Postins was in Wichita Falls, Texas, to see the Midwestern State Mustangs host the West Florida Argonauts in one of the top games in NCAA Division II so far this season. UWF, a 2017 national championship game finalist, entered the game at No. 2 in the country. Midwestern State was No. 10. The Mustangs defeated the Argos, 38-17, with an onslaught in the second half, scoring 35 points after falling behind 14-3 at halftime.
Memorial Stadium in Wichita Falls is proof that your alumni base doesn’t have to be the size of a metropolitan city to have a great gameday experience. As much as we enjoy going to places like College Station and South Bend, there are more than 300 college football games around the country every weekend, when you consider NAIA and junior college, as well as NCAA. And College Football America believes they’re all worth a stop.
So give this week’s podcast a listen below. You can also access it on Soundcloud.com, the official home of the Road Trip Replay podcast. And, if you haven’t picked up a copy already, the 2018 College Football America Yearbook can be purchased at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and iTunes. Get a copy today.
- Hamilton, Garth Brooks and some football too on the CFA Road Trip Replay - October 22, 2018
- Heidelberg beats Otterbein to retain Rhine River Cup - October 16, 2018
- Ohio State Buckeyes, NW Missouri Bearcats lead Road Trip Replay Podcast - October 16, 2018
- Haskins leads Ohio State Buckeyes past Minnesota - October 15, 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders drop TCU in Fort Worth - October 15, 2018
- Kansas State Wildcats, State Fair Classic highlight fourth 2018 CFA Podcast - October 3, 2018
- Texas Longhorns outlast Kansas State for first win in Manhattan since 2002 - September 30, 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders, Colorado Mines highlight third 2018 CFA Podcast - September 20, 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders rolls by Houston, 63-42 - September 16, 2018
- Texas A&M Aggies, Midwestern State highlight second 2018 CFA Podcast - September 12, 2018