Notre Dame and Mississippi State are the big players in Episode 1 of the 2018 College Football America Road Trip Replay podcast.
Hosted by College Football America Yearbook editors Matthew Postins and Chuck Cox, the pair kick off the 2018 season discussing their Week 1 trips.
Cox’s big game in Week 1 was in Starkville, Miss., where he took in his first Mississippi State home game. The Bulldogs hosted the Stephen F. Austin State University Lumberjacks, the alma mater of both Cox and Postins. While the game certainly went the Bulldogs’ way, Cox talked about the experience of being in Starkville on gameday (think cowbell. Lots and lots of cowbell).
Cox saw two other games that weekend. On Thursday he hit the former Turner Field, now Georgia State Stadium, to see Georgia State host Kennesaw State. Then, on Sunday, it was back to Atlanta and Georgia State Stadium to see the MEAC-SWAC Challenge, which pitted North Carolina Central against Prairie View A&M.
Meanwhile, Postins was in South Bend, Ind., for the season opener at Notre Dame, perhaps the biggest game of entire weekend. The Irish hosted Michigan and Postins took it all in, getting there five hours early and, with the help of a former Notre Dame graduate and our College Football America statistician, John Fineran, toured the entire campus before the game. The experience is second-to-none in the game of college football and, if you haven’t been to South Bend for a game, you have to get there as soon as you can.
Before Postins got to South Bend, however, he took in a couple of Big Ten teams. First, he hit the campus of Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind., to see the Boilermakers host the Northwestern Wildcats. Then, on Friday, it was quite the drive to East Lansing, Mich., as the Michigan State Spartans hosted the Utah State Aggies. The great news? All three games were great games and all were decided by a touchdown or less.
Check out the podcast below for more than 30 minutes of Week 1 RoadTripSports.com and College Football America talk. And, while you’re at it, grab a copy of our 2018 Yearbook today from Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com and iTunes.
- Valdosta State wins D2 national title - December 15, 2018
- UMHB Crusaders win Stagg Bowl, 24-16 - December 15, 2018
- Ferris State takes down Ouachita Baptist in D2 playoffs - December 2, 2018
- UMHB rolls past Hardin-Simmons in Division III first-round playoff win - November 18, 2018
- Hamilton, Garth Brooks and some football too on the CFA Road Trip Replay - October 22, 2018
- Heidelberg beats Otterbein to retain Rhine River Cup - October 16, 2018
- Ohio State Buckeyes, NW Missouri Bearcats lead Road Trip Replay Podcast - October 16, 2018
- Haskins leads Ohio State Buckeyes past Minnesota - October 15, 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders drop TCU in Fort Worth - October 15, 2018
- Kansas State Wildcats, State Fair Classic highlight fourth 2018 CFA Podcast - October 3, 2018