GRAPEVINE, Texas – The College Football Playoff Selection Committee completed its third Top 25 rankings of the season.
The selection committee will prepare three more rankings, including the final set on Selection Day, Sunday, December 3. The top four teams in the final rankings will play in the Playoff Semifinals on January 1, 2018, at the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual and the Allstate Sugar Bowl.
“Many teams remain very close throughout the rankings,” said selection committee chairman Kirby Hocutt. “Head-to-head victories among comparable teams, results against common opponents and strength of schedule remain important points of differentiation for many teams.”
The selection committee will continue to evaluate teams and will meet in person two more weeks before selection weekend to review game action and issue rankings.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF
The College Football Playoff matches the No. 1 seed vs. No. 4, and No. 2 vs. No. 3 in semifinal games that rotate annually among the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, Goodyear Cotton Bowl, Capital One Orange Bowl, Allstate Sugar Bowl, Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual and PlayStation Fiesta Bowl. This season’s semifinals will take place Monday, January 1, 2018, at the Rose Bowl presented by Northwestern Mutual and the Allstate Sugar Bowl. The national championship game will be Monday, January 8, 2018, at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
- Sewanee holds off Austin College for 28-20 win on The Mountain - September 16, 2018
- Fighting Hawks fly past Delta Devils in 35-7 rout - August 30, 2018
- Hawaii holds off late Colorado State rally in 43-34 stunner - August 26, 2018
- Bethel (TN) stuns No. 2 Reinhardt in 2018 opener, 31-21 - August 24, 2018
- College Football America 2018 Yearbook rolls with the Tide on cover - July 24, 2018
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017