High school football in North Dakota came to a close last night as the North Dakota High School Activities Association crowned three state champions in 11-man football.
The Division AAA championship went to the West Fargo (ND) Packers in a 56-28 rout over the Minot (ND) Magicians Friday night. West Fargo actually trailed at halftime before surprising the Magicians with an onside kick to open the second half, and from there, the game belonged to the Packers. The win ended a 14-year title drought for West Fargo.
In the Division AA title game, the St. Mary’s Central (Bismarck, ND) Saints beat the Shanley (Fargo, ND) Deacons 31-12 to take home the championship hardware. The title is St. Mary’s second in a row in North Dakota’s middle division and fourth in five years.
The state’s Division A game provided the closest result of the day as the Hillsboro/Central Valley (Buxton, ND) Burros edged the Langdon (ND)/Edmore/Munich Cardinals 16-14. The title is H-CV’s first since becoming an 11-man co-op team, although Hillsboro won a 9-man state title in 2008.
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017
- Canada, Mexico to stage college football championships Saturday - November 24, 2017
- Louisiana pulls away from NM State late for 47-34 win - November 21, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017