High school football in North Dakota came to a close last night as the North Dakota High School Activities Association crowned three state champions in 11-man football.
The Division AAA championship went to the West Fargo (ND) Packers in a 56-28 rout over the Minot (ND) Magicians Friday night. West Fargo actually trailed at halftime before surprising the Magicians with an onside kick to open the second half, and from there, the game belonged to the Packers. The win ended a 14-year title drought for West Fargo.
In the Division AA title game, the St. Mary’s Central (Bismarck, ND) Saints beat the Shanley (Fargo, ND) Deacons 31-12 to take home the championship hardware. The title is St. Mary’s second in a row in North Dakota’s middle division and fourth in five years.
The state’s Division A game provided the closest result of the day as the Hillsboro/Central Valley (Buxton, ND) Burros edged the Langdon (ND)/Edmore/Munich Cardinals 16-14. The title is H-CV’s first since becoming an 11-man co-op team, although Hillsboro won a 9-man state title in 2008.
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 9, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com Defense Starting Lineup - December 8, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Offense Starting Lineup - December 8, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Coaching Staff - December 8, 2018
- Sewanee holds off Austin College for 28-20 win on The Mountain - September 16, 2018
- Fighting Hawks fly past Delta Devils in 35-7 rout - August 30, 2018
- Hawaii holds off late Colorado State rally in 43-34 stunner - August 26, 2018
- Bethel (TN) stuns No. 2 Reinhardt in 2018 opener, 31-21 - August 24, 2018
- College Football America 2018 Yearbook rolls with the Tide on cover - July 24, 2018
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017