DAVIDSON, N.C. — The Campbell Camels ended their two-game losing streak with a 42-29 road victory over Davidson on Saturday.
Campbell (6-4, 5-2) took the lead for good on a nine-play, 79-yard drive capped by a 20-yard touchdown run by freshman quarterback Daniel Smith with 2:34 remaining in the first half. Smith was electrifying all afternoon, throwing for 156 yards and a touchdown and rushing for 289 yards and four more scores. He accounted for all but 55 yards of the team’s offensive output.
Davidson (2-7, 0-6) got a big game from running back Wesley Dugger, who is also a freshman. He tallied 139 yards and three touchdowns on 27 attempts.
Smith leads the Pioneer League in rushing with 1,188 yards and 11 touchdowns this season, while Dugger is third in rushing yards with 940 and seven touchdowns.
Campbell will wrap up the regular season at home against Drake on Saturday, while Davidson will host league-leading San Diego. The Wildcats also have a non-conference game at Morehead State on Nov. 18.
- Prairie View Snaps Grambling’s 26-Game SWAC Winning Streak - October 1, 2018
- Colorado rumbles to 3-0 start with convincing win over UNH - September 19, 2018
- Colorado Mines chisels out win over CSU-Pueblo - September 18, 2018
- Clemson hold off pesky Texas A&M for soggy 28-26 road victory - September 10, 2018
- Prairie View A&M claims MEAC-SWAC Challenge victory - September 6, 2018
- More Cowbell: Mississippi State runs roughshod over SFA - September 5, 2018
- Late TD lifts Georgia State past Kennesaw State, 24-20 - September 5, 2018
- Snow Returns to Utah With Season-Opening Victory Over TVCC - August 27, 2018
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 14 - December 1, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 13 - November 22, 2017