AUGUSTA, Ga. — The Augusta Sports Council and the Ray Guy Award are proud to announce JK Scott of the University of Alabama as the Ray Guy Award Punter of the Week for Week 10 games.
Scott punted 8 times during the Saturday game against LSU for 413 yards. His gross was 51.63 yards and net average was 51.38 yards. Six of his eight punts were marked inside LSU’s 20-yard line and his long punt for the game was 58 yards. Only one of Scott’s eight punts was returned for a total of two yards.
During the 2017 season, Scott has punted 32 times with only one punt returned for a total of two yards. After Saturday’s game, Scott has 10,113 yards for his career making him the first Alabama punter to surpass the 10,000-yard mark. Scott’s career average of 45.8 yards is also an Alabama career best.
About the Ray Guy Award
The Augusta Sports Council created the Ray Guy Award in 2000 to honor Thomson, Georgia native and College and Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee, Ray Guy. Among the statistics used to identify the winner is net punting average, number of times punt is downed or kicked out of bounds inside the opponents 20-yard line, total yardage punted, average returned yardage and percentage of punts not returned with particular emphasis placed on net punting average. The winner must display team leadership, self-discipline and have a positive impact on the team’s success.
About the Augusta Sports Council
The Augusta Sports Council (ASC) enriches the quality of life and economic well-being for the Augusta metropolitan area by supporting and attracting sporting activities. To learn more, visit www.augustasportscouncil.org.
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017
- Canada, Mexico to stage college football championships Saturday - November 24, 2017
- Louisiana pulls away from NM State late for 47-34 win - November 21, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017