FORT COLLINS, Colo. — The Falcons are soaring again.
After a dismal 1-4 start to the season, Air Force has rattled off three straight victories, including a huge 45-28 win over rival Colorado State in Mountain West Conference play on a beautiful afternoon at On-Campus Stadium.
The loss snapped a four-game winning streak for the Rams (6-3, 4-1) and sent the Ram-Falcon Trophy back to Colorado Springs. Air Force now leads the all-time series, which dates back to 1957, 34–21–1.
This year’s contest was a shootout from the opening kickoff. Both teams traded punches before Air Force emerged with a 28-21 halftime lead. The Falcons, however, dominated the second half, limiting the Rams to just one more touchdown.
Air Force got 117 yards and a touchdown from quarterback Arion Worthman and 104 yards and a touchdown from Jacob Stafford as part of a whopping 466 rushing yards.
Colorado State got 141 yards and a TD from Dalyn Dawkins. Rams star receiver Michael Gallup, meanwhile, hauled in seven catches for 161 yards, including a beautiful 55-yard touchdown reception.
Air Force returns home this weekend to battle bowl-eligible Army, while CSU has another rivalry game, the Border War, at Wyoming this Saturday.
- RoadTripSports.com FCS and Small College All-America Teams - January 1, 2019
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 9, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com Defense Starting Lineup - December 8, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Offense Starting Lineup - December 8, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Coaching Staff - December 8, 2018
- Sewanee holds off Austin College for 28-20 win on The Mountain - September 16, 2018
- Fighting Hawks fly past Delta Devils in 35-7 rout - August 30, 2018
- Hawaii holds off late Colorado State rally in 43-34 stunner - August 26, 2018
- Bethel (TN) stuns No. 2 Reinhardt in 2018 opener, 31-21 - August 24, 2018
- College Football America 2018 Yearbook rolls with the Tide on cover - July 24, 2018