NACOGDOCHES, Texas — The Stephen F. Austin State University Lumberjacks snapped a three-game losing skid by rolling past Houston Baptist, 27-10, on a steamy homecoming afternoon.
The Lumberjacks (3-5, 3-3) allowed the Huskies (1-6, 0-5) just 238 yards of total offense. Meanwhile, SFA’s offense racked up 483 total yards.
The ‘Jacks had 266 yards on the ground, led by Kijana Amous, who tallied 83 yards and two touchdowns. Juan Day added 72 yards and another score, while quarterback Jake Blumrick threw for 217 yards.
Running back Andrew Haidet scored the lone HBU touchdown, which gave the Huskies a 7-0 lead through the end of the first quarter. SFA then rallied to take a 13-7 lead at the break.
HBU will host Northwestern State this Saturday, while SFA plays at Lamar.
- Prairie View Snaps Grambling’s 26-Game SWAC Winning Streak - October 1, 2018
- Colorado rumbles to 3-0 start with convincing win over UNH - September 19, 2018
- Colorado Mines chisels out win over CSU-Pueblo - September 18, 2018
- Clemson hold off pesky Texas A&M for soggy 28-26 road victory - September 10, 2018
- Prairie View A&M claims MEAC-SWAC Challenge victory - September 6, 2018
- More Cowbell: Mississippi State runs roughshod over SFA - September 5, 2018
- Late TD lifts Georgia State past Kennesaw State, 24-20 - September 5, 2018
- Snow Returns to Utah With Season-Opening Victory Over TVCC - August 27, 2018
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 14 - December 1, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 13 - November 22, 2017