COMMERCE, Texas — The No. 10 Texas A&M-Commerce Lions needed a late touchdown to secure a 34-20 win over the Angelo State Rams last Saturday.
The Lions led 24-17 entering the fourth quarter before adding a 26-yard field goal by Kristov Martinez to make it 27-17. Not to be outdone, Angelo State kept pace with a 21-yard chip shot by Connor Flanigan to trim the lead back to seven at 27-20 with 8:14 to play.
The game stayed there until the Lions finally put together a 9-play, 53-yard drive capped by a 33-yard Luis Perez-to-Darrion Landry touchdown strike with just 1:29 remaining to ice the game at 34-20.
The Lions moved up one spot after win to No. 9 with a 6-1 record overall. The Rams slipped to 3-4 despite challenging one of the nation’s top NCAA Division II teams on the road.
Next up for Commerce is a visit to West Texas A&M this coming Saturday. Angelo State, meanwhile, will host Western New Mexico for homecoming.
- Haskins leads Ohio State Buckeyes past Minnesota - October 15, 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders drop TCU in Fort Worth - October 15, 2018
- Kansas State Wildcats, State Fair Classic highlight fourth 2018 CFA Podcast - October 3, 2018
- Texas Longhorns outlast Kansas State for first win in Manhattan since 2002 - September 30, 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders, Colorado Mines highlight third 2018 CFA Podcast - September 20, 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders rolls by Houston, 63-42 - September 16, 2018
- Texas A&M Aggies, Midwestern State highlight second 2018 CFA Podcast - September 12, 2018
- No. 10 Midwestern State upends No. 2 West Florida - September 9, 2018
- Notre Dame, Mississippi State highlight first 2018 CFA Podcast - September 5, 2018
- West Virginia QB Will Grier on CFA Yearbook FBS Section Cover - September 4, 2018