FRESNO, Calif. — Fresno City College overcame four turnovers on its way to a convincing 42-14 homecoming win Saturday over Chabot.
The win gave the Rams a 1-0 start in the National Conference’s Valley Division in California Community College Athletic Association action at historic Ratcliffe Stadium.
The Rams (4-2) held a 14-7 lead at the break before putting up four touchdowns in the second half to cruise to victory. Fresno City freshman quarterback Trey McJunkin had a huge game throwing for 206 yards and four touchdowns and adding a rushing touchdown for good measure.
Wide receiver Terry Toler, meanwhile, had a pair of touchdown receptions on his only two grabs of the contest.
Chabot (1-5, 0-1), on the other hand, managed just 234 yards of total offense. Gladiator quarterbacks Jonathan O’Brien and Vondell Pilcher each threw a touchdown. They were thwarted in part by a Rams’ defense that registered six sacks, including two by Sam Satele, 1.5 from Logan Fogg, one each from Mason Ellis and Michael Tuggle and a half-sack from Tyler Swearingen.
Next up for Fresno City is a Saturday night visit to Modesto. Chabot will try to add to the win column with a home date Saturday against San Joaquin Delta.
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 14 - December 1, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 13 - November 22, 2017
- Midwestern State rallies past Sioux Falls in D2 playoffs - November 21, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 11 - November 9, 2017
- Camels get over the hump against Wildcats in 42-29 win - November 7, 2017
- Wyoming crushes New Mexico 42-3 - October 31, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 10 - October 31, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 9 - October 26, 2017
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Houston Baptist, 27-10 - October 25, 2017