FRANKLIN, Tenn. — Drew Martin passed for 225 yards and five touchdowns on 18-of-24 attempts Thursday night to lead his Battle Ground Academy (Franklin, TN) Wildcats to a 38-0 win over the Franklin Road Academy (Nashville, TN) Panthers.
Ollie Reese was the main beneficiary of Martin’s big night hauling in five of Martin’s passes for for 141 yards and three touchdowns. Tiy Reed was also productive in the passing game with eight catches for 55 yards and two touchdowns of his own.
BGA’s defense was just as much a factor on the other side of the ball for the Wildcats holding the visiting Panthers to just 60 total yards including a measly seven yards on the ground. Jack Arsta was about the only effective offensive weapon for the Panthers rushing for 43 yards on just six carries, but his opportunities were limited due to the Panthers’ inability to extend drives and maintain possession.
The Wildcats’ Kel Hawkins ended two of those drives on his own with a pair of interceptions while Chico Bennett registered nine tackles to lead the defense.
BGA improved to 8-1 with the win heading into a bye week. They’ll return to action on Friday, October 27, at the Lipscomb Academy (Nashville, TN) Mustangs who are 0-9. FRA, meanwhile, dropped to 3-5 heading into this Friday’s contest at the Hickman County (Centerville, TN) Bulldogs.
- College Football America 2018 Yearbook rolls with the Tide on cover - July 24, 2018
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017
- Canada, Mexico to stage college football championships Saturday - November 24, 2017
- Louisiana pulls away from NM State late for 47-34 win - November 21, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017