FRANKLIN, Tenn. — Drew Martin passed for 225 yards and five touchdowns on 18-of-24 attempts Thursday night to lead his Battle Ground Academy (Franklin, TN) Wildcats to a 38-0 win over the Franklin Road Academy (Nashville, TN) Panthers.
Ollie Reese was the main beneficiary of Martin’s big night hauling in five of Martin’s passes for for 141 yards and three touchdowns. Tiy Reed was also productive in the passing game with eight catches for 55 yards and two touchdowns of his own.
BGA’s defense was just as much a factor on the other side of the ball for the Wildcats holding the visiting Panthers to just 60 total yards including a measly seven yards on the ground. Jack Arsta was about the only effective offensive weapon for the Panthers rushing for 43 yards on just six carries, but his opportunities were limited due to the Panthers’ inability to extend drives and maintain possession.
The Wildcats’ Kel Hawkins ended two of those drives on his own with a pair of interceptions while Chico Bennett registered nine tackles to lead the defense.
BGA improved to 8-1 with the win heading into a bye week. They’ll return to action on Friday, October 27, at the Lipscomb Academy (Nashville, TN) Mustangs who are 0-9. FRA, meanwhile, dropped to 3-5 heading into this Friday’s contest at the Hickman County (Centerville, TN) Bulldogs.
- Sewanee holds off Austin College for 28-20 win on The Mountain - September 16, 2018
- Fighting Hawks fly past Delta Devils in 35-7 rout - August 30, 2018
- Hawaii holds off late Colorado State rally in 43-34 stunner - August 26, 2018
- Bethel (TN) stuns No. 2 Reinhardt in 2018 opener, 31-21 - August 24, 2018
- College Football America 2018 Yearbook rolls with the Tide on cover - July 24, 2018
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017