Courtesy of the Augusta Sports Council and the Ray Guy Award
AUGUSTA, Ga. – The Augusta Sports Council and the Ray Guy Award are proud to announce Michael Dickson of the University of Texas as the Ray Guy Award Punter of the Week for Week 7 games. This is Dickson’s second time this season as the Ray Guy Award Punter of the Week.
Dickson punted 5 times during the Saturday game against Oklahoma for 275 yards. His gross average for the game was 55 yards and his net average was 51.2 yards making him first on the list for NCAA net average and second for NCAA gross average. Two of Dickson’s punts were marked inside Oklahoma’s 20-yard line and his long punt for the game was 69 yards.
Dickson is a 6’2″, 215 lb. junior business major at the University of Texas. He was a 2016 finalist for the Ray Guy Award, Texas’ first-ever finalist for the award.
The Augusta Sports Council created the Ray Guy Award in 2000 to honor the Thomson, Georgia native and College and Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee, Ray Guy. Among the statistics used to identify the winner is net punting average, number of times a punt is downed or kicked out of bounds inside the opponents 20-yard line, total yardage punted, average returned yardage and percentage of punts not returned with particular emphasis placed on net punting average. The winner must display team leadership, self-discipline and have a positive impact on the team’s success.
The Augusta Sports Council (ASC) enriches the quality of life and economic well-being for the Augusta metropolitan area by supporting and attracting sporting activities. To learn more, visit www.augustasportscouncil.org.
The Ray Guy Award is a member of the National College Football Awards Association (NCFAA), which encompasses college football’s most prestigious awards. Founded in 1997, the NCFAA and its 22 awards now boast over 800 recipients, dating to 1935. Visit ncfaa.org to learn more about our story.
The members of the NCFAA are unveiling their preseason watch lists over a two-week period this month. Sixteen of the association’s 23 awards select a preseason watch list and the NCFAA has spearheaded a coordinated effort to promote each award’s preseason candidates.
- RoadTripSports.com FCS and Small College All-America Teams - January 1, 2019
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 9, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com Defense Starting Lineup - December 8, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Offense Starting Lineup - December 8, 2018
- The RoadTripSports.com All-America Coaching Staff - December 8, 2018
- Sewanee holds off Austin College for 28-20 win on The Mountain - September 16, 2018
- Fighting Hawks fly past Delta Devils in 35-7 rout - August 30, 2018
- Hawaii holds off late Colorado State rally in 43-34 stunner - August 26, 2018
- Bethel (TN) stuns No. 2 Reinhardt in 2018 opener, 31-21 - August 24, 2018
- College Football America 2018 Yearbook rolls with the Tide on cover - July 24, 2018