CINCINNATI – The Lindsey Wilson Blue Raiders scored in every phase of the game in a 56-7 win over the Cincinnati Christian Eagles Saturday at Stargel Stadium.
The Blue Raiders did most of their damage on offense to the tune of six touchdowns while piling up 397 yards of total offense. Quarterback Payton Veraldi didn’t have to throw the ball very often, but he was extremely efficient when he did connecting on 8-of-12 passes for 210 yards and four touchdowns.
Lindsey Wilson also got scoring contributions from the defense and special teams, though, including the first score of the game when Joe Lewis scooped up an Eagles’ fumble and returned it 72 yards just over three minutes into the game. A 2-point conversation gave the Blue Raiders an 8-0 lead.
That touchdown was bookended by a late fourth-quarter touchdown when Quinten Brown and the Blue Raider special teams got in on the action with a 66-yard punt return to cap the scoring.
In between, however, it was Veraldi and the offense that did most of the damage. He was especially effective in the first half throwing three of his four touchdown passes before the break as Lindsey Wilson built an insurmountable 35-0 lead at halftime.
The Blue Raiders have a bye this weekend before hitting the road again on October 14 to face Kentucky Christian. Cincinnati Christian, meanwhile, will travel to Lebanon, Tennessee, to face the Cumberland Phoenix this Saturday.
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017
- Canada, Mexico to stage college football championships Saturday - November 24, 2017
- Louisiana pulls away from NM State late for 47-34 win - November 21, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017