CINCINNATI – The Lindsey Wilson Blue Raiders scored in every phase of the game in a 56-7 win over the Cincinnati Christian Eagles Saturday at Stargel Stadium.
The Blue Raiders did most of their damage on offense to the tune of six touchdowns while piling up 397 yards of total offense. Quarterback Payton Veraldi didn’t have to throw the ball very often, but he was extremely efficient when he did connecting on 8-of-12 passes for 210 yards and four touchdowns.
Lindsey Wilson also got scoring contributions from the defense and special teams, though, including the first score of the game when Joe Lewis scooped up an Eagles’ fumble and returned it 72 yards just over three minutes into the game. A 2-point conversation gave the Blue Raiders an 8-0 lead.
That touchdown was bookended by a late fourth-quarter touchdown when Quinten Brown and the Blue Raider special teams got in on the action with a 66-yard punt return to cap the scoring.
In between, however, it was Veraldi and the offense that did most of the damage. He was especially effective in the first half throwing three of his four touchdown passes before the break as Lindsey Wilson built an insurmountable 35-0 lead at halftime.
The Blue Raiders have a bye this weekend before hitting the road again on October 14 to face Kentucky Christian. Cincinnati Christian, meanwhile, will travel to Lebanon, Tennessee, to face the Cumberland Phoenix this Saturday.
- Sewanee holds off Austin College for 28-20 win on The Mountain - September 16, 2018
- Fighting Hawks fly past Delta Devils in 35-7 rout - August 30, 2018
- Hawaii holds off late Colorado State rally in 43-34 stunner - August 26, 2018
- Bethel (TN) stuns No. 2 Reinhardt in 2018 opener, 31-21 - August 24, 2018
- College Football America 2018 Yearbook rolls with the Tide on cover - July 24, 2018
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017