PHOENIX, N.Y. – The Southern Hills Storm got their first win as a football program burning the Phoenix Firebirds of John C. Birdlebough High School 49-0.
The Storm draw their players from three former programs at Tully, LaFayette and Fabius Pompey which have all suffered with shortages of players in recent years. The three schools decided to join forces in 2017 as the Southern Hills Storm before losing their opener last week to the Onondaga (Nedrow, NY) Tigers.
Against the Firebirds, it was an entirely different story as the Storm dominated from the start on the Firebirds’ home field. Three different Storm players scored touchdowns in the first quarter as the team raced out to 21-0 lead after just one quarter. That included touchdown runs of 50 yards by Aidan McKenney and 42 yards by Jake Edinger.
Edinger added a second touchdown in the second quarter as the Storm headed to halftime with a 27-0 lead.
The second half wasn’t much better for Phoenix as the Storm added three more touchdowns for the final score of 49-0. Two other Storm players – Dante Cuttino and Janef Grant – joined Edinger with two touchdowns apiece.
Southern Hills is back in action Friday with a road trip to face the Port Byron (NY)/Union Springs Panthers while the boys from Birdlebough will try to break into the win column against Morrisville (NY)-Eaton/Hamilton.
- Cowboys ride past Wildcats in 55-10 rout - September 19, 2017
- Georgetown’s defense points way to victory against Skyhawks - September 19, 2017
- Thorobreds hang on down stretch for first win of 2017 - September 19, 2017
- Kentucky Country Day routs Bethlehem in 47-0 shutout - September 18, 2017
- Handicapping the major college football national championship - September 17, 2017
- FWAA-NFF Super 16 Poll Week 3 - September 17, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 3 - September 16, 2017
- RoadTripReplay: College Football America Week 2 Podcast - September 14, 2017
- High School Headlines: Hurricanes wreaking havoc on the high school season - September 14, 2017
- Maxwell Football Club to promote Schneider Scale during 2017 season - September 14, 2017