PHOENIX, N.Y. – The Southern Hills Storm got their first win as a football program burning the Phoenix Firebirds of John C. Birdlebough High School 49-0.
The Storm draw their players from three former programs at Tully, LaFayette and Fabius Pompey which have all suffered with shortages of players in recent years. The three schools decided to join forces in 2017 as the Southern Hills Storm before losing their opener last week to the Onondaga (Nedrow, NY) Tigers.
Against the Firebirds, it was an entirely different story as the Storm dominated from the start on the Firebirds’ home field. Three different Storm players scored touchdowns in the first quarter as the team raced out to 21-0 lead after just one quarter. That included touchdown runs of 50 yards by Aidan McKenney and 42 yards by Jake Edinger.
Edinger added a second touchdown in the second quarter as the Storm headed to halftime with a 27-0 lead.
The second half wasn’t much better for Phoenix as the Storm added three more touchdowns for the final score of 49-0. Two other Storm players – Dante Cuttino and Janef Grant – joined Edinger with two touchdowns apiece.
Southern Hills is back in action Friday with a road trip to face the Port Byron (NY)/Union Springs Panthers while the boys from Birdlebough will try to break into the win column against Morrisville (NY)-Eaton/Hamilton.
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Sooners squash Frogs’ playoff hopes in 38-20 win - November 16, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017
- Whitwell boots Gordonsville from TSSAA playoffs - November 15, 2017
- CFP Selection Committee releases third set of Top 25 rankings - November 14, 2017
- FWAA-NFF Super 16 reshaped by Georgia, Notre Dame losses - November 12, 2017
- North Dakota’s 2017 state champions are crowned - November 11, 2017
- High School Headlines: More state champs to be crowned this weekend - November 10, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 11 - November 9, 2017