FORT WORTH, Texas – TCU claimed a big 28-7 win over Arkansas, as running back Darius Anderson rushed for 106 yards and a touchdown Saturday at Reynolds-Razorback Stadium while the Horned Frog defense held the Razorbacks to just 267 total yards.
Anderson’s touchdown run, a 14-yarder, gave the Horned Frogs a two-touchdown lead with 2:18 left in the fourth quarter. The game had been close throughout, with the Horned Frogs gaining the lead for good, 14-7, on Kyle Hicks’ 4-yard touchdown run with 7:39 left in the second quarter.
The Razorbacks forced two turnovers, but were unable to do come up with any points off those miscues. That was despite the fact the Razorbacks penetrated TCU’s 10-yard line on both ensuing drives where the Horned Frogs defense ultimately stonewalled them forcing field goal attempts. Arkansas kicker Cole Hedlund, however, missed both of the chip shots.
Arkansas’ only score came in the first quarter on a 49-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Austin Allen to wide receiver Jonathan Nance.
Allen finished with 138 yards passing, while David Williams led the Razorbacks with 65 yards rushing.
TCU QB Kenny Hill threw for just 166 yards, but the Horned Frog offense was 10-of-14 on third down, thanks to its productive running game. The Arkansas offense, on the other hand, was just 4-of-14 on third down.
- Postscripts: Week 11 - November 16, 2017
- FBS Hot Coaching Names: Nov. 12 Update - November 14, 2017
- The Heisman Race: Nov. 12 Update - November 13, 2017
- FCS Standings: Week 11 Final - November 13, 2017
- FBS Standings: Week 11 Final - November 13, 2017
- Postscripts: Week 10 - November 9, 2017
- 2017 Heisman Trophy: Nov. 6 update - November 7, 2017
- FCS Standings: Week 10 Final - November 6, 2017
- FBS Standings: Week 10 Final - November 6, 2017
- Hot Seat Coaches: Nov. 6 update - November 6, 2017