The bigger questions were how far No. 5 Oklahoma would jump after upsetting No. 2 Ohio State in Columbus Saturday night? And how far would the Buckeyes fall? Well, the questions have been answered with the Sooners jumping all the way to No. 2 this week while the Buckeyes drop all the way to No. 9.
No. 3 Clemson and No. 4 Penn State hold the same spots in this week’s poll, but Ohio State’s slide allows both No. 5 USC and No. 6 Michigan to ease up a notch this week. No. 7 Washington and No. 8 Oklahoma State, meanwhile, both jump two spots passing both Ohio State and Florida State which slides to No. 11 after having its game against ULM cancelled. Wisconsin also eases past the Seminoles to take the final spot in the Top 10.
The Seminoles could be in danger of falling even further as their game scheduled for next weekend against No. 16 Miami (FL) has been postponed until the week of October 7. That means the Seminoles’ next game won’t take place until September 23 when they are scheduled to host NC State meaning the Seminoles will have a three-week break between their season-opening loss to Alabama in Atlanta and their second game. And that’s provided there aren’t further delays as the state of Florida will still be recovering from the devastation caused by Hurricane Irma.
No. 12 Georgia, meanwhile, ties Oklahoma for the biggest jump of the week moving up three spots and trading places with No. 15 Auburn which falls three spots after its loss to No. 3 Clemson. In between those two are LSU at No. 13 for the second straight week and No. 14 Louisville which jumps two spots from No. 16. Miami (FL) is the only newcomer in the past two weeks to join the Super 16 settling into the final spot just one point ahead of Stanford which drops from No. 14 after losing to No. 5 USC.
- Cowboys ride past Wildcats in 55-10 rout - September 19, 2017
- Georgetown’s defense points way to victory against Skyhawks - September 19, 2017
- Thorobreds hang on down stretch for first win of 2017 - September 19, 2017
- Kentucky Country Day routs Bethlehem in 47-0 shutout - September 18, 2017
- Handicapping the major college football national championship - September 17, 2017
- FWAA-NFF Super 16 Poll Week 3 - September 17, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 3 - September 16, 2017
- RoadTripReplay: College Football America Week 2 Podcast - September 14, 2017
- High School Headlines: Hurricanes wreaking havoc on the high school season - September 14, 2017
- Maxwell Football Club to promote Schneider Scale during 2017 season - September 14, 2017