SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The Notre Dame Irish jumped out to a 21-3 first-quarter lead and never looked back in a 49-16 win over the visiting Temple Owls.
Josh Adams got the scoring started just 33 seconds after the opening kick on a 37-yard scoring dash that completed a 2-play, 70-yard drive. Junior quarterback Brandon Wimbush then made it 14-0 with an 8-yard scoring run of his own at the 5:50 mark.
Temple would finally get on the board with a 36-yard Austin Jones field goal, but barely a minute later Wimbush found Nic Weishar on a 12-yard touchdown strike to make it 21-3. By the time Equanimeous St. Brown scored on a 5-yard toss from Wimbush at the 11:09 mark of the second quarter, the game was pretty much in the bag for the Irish.
Wimbush was solid in his first career start for the Irish completing 17-of-30 passes for 184 yards and two touchdowns. He was also effective rushing the ball piling up 106 yards and another score on the ground to complement Adams who collected 161 yards on 19 carries with two scores of his own.
Things get a little tougher next week for the Irish when the Georgia Bulldogs come to town. Temple will return to Philadelphia for a game against FCS crosstown rival Villanova.
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Sooners squash Frogs’ playoff hopes in 38-20 win - November 16, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017
- Whitwell boots Gordonsville from TSSAA playoffs - November 15, 2017
- CFP Selection Committee releases third set of Top 25 rankings - November 14, 2017
- FWAA-NFF Super 16 reshaped by Georgia, Notre Dame losses - November 12, 2017
- North Dakota’s 2017 state champions are crowned - November 11, 2017
- High School Headlines: More state champs to be crowned this weekend - November 10, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 11 - November 9, 2017