SOUTH BEND, Ind. – The Notre Dame Irish jumped out to a 21-3 first-quarter lead and never looked back in a 49-16 win over the visiting Temple Owls.
Josh Adams got the scoring started just 33 seconds after the opening kick on a 37-yard scoring dash that completed a 2-play, 70-yard drive. Junior quarterback Brandon Wimbush then made it 14-0 with an 8-yard scoring run of his own at the 5:50 mark.
Temple would finally get on the board with a 36-yard Austin Jones field goal, but barely a minute later Wimbush found Nic Weishar on a 12-yard touchdown strike to make it 21-3. By the time Equanimeous St. Brown scored on a 5-yard toss from Wimbush at the 11:09 mark of the second quarter, the game was pretty much in the bag for the Irish.
Wimbush was solid in his first career start for the Irish completing 17-of-30 passes for 184 yards and two touchdowns. He was also effective rushing the ball piling up 106 yards and another score on the ground to complement Adams who collected 161 yards on 19 carries with two scores of his own.
Things get a little tougher next week for the Irish when the Georgia Bulldogs come to town. Temple will return to Philadelphia for a game against FCS crosstown rival Villanova.
- Baylor’s Galitz named Ray Guy Punter of the Week - September 19, 2017
- No. 6 Blue Raiders pound Bulldogs 68-26 - September 19, 2017
- ACU opens new Wildcat Stadium in style with 24-3 win - September 19, 2017
- Cowboys ride past Wildcats in 55-10 rout - September 19, 2017
- Georgetown’s defense points way to victory against Skyhawks - September 19, 2017
- Thorobreds hang on down stretch for first win of 2017 - September 19, 2017
- Kentucky Country Day routs Bethlehem in 47-0 shutout - September 18, 2017
- Handicapping the major college football national championship - September 17, 2017
- FWAA-NFF Super 16 Poll Week 3 - September 17, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 3 - September 16, 2017