WEST POINT, N.Y. – It was only two years ago that the Fordham Rams marched in to West Point with a running back named Chase Edmonds leading the way and pulled off the upset in a 37-35 win over Army’s Black Knights.
On Saturday, the Black Knights finally got their revenge in a 64-6 win against the Rams and their star running back who ran for 126 yards in that 2015 upset of the cadets. Edmonds was a sophomore that day, but he entered Saturday’s contest as a preseason All-American and a member of the 2017 College Football America Starting Lineup – not to mention, the all-time leading rusher in Fordham history. He was held in check, however, by the stingy Black Knights’ defense in the rematch with just 42 yards rushing Saturday.
Leading the way for Army West Point was star quarterback Ahmad Bradshaw who made his first start for the academy in that 2015 loss to the Rams. He and the Black Knights have come a long way, however, since finishing 2-10 that season improving last year to 8-5. That even included a win in the Heart of Texas Bowl last December in a 38-31 overtime victory over North Texas. Bradshaw ran for 177 yards and scored twice in Saturday’s win before leaving the game with the victory well in hand.
Next up for Army is a home date with Buffalo Saturday. Fordham will stay on the road with a visit to Central Connecticut State on the docket.
- Column: It’s time for the Group of 5 to start its own playoff - January 7, 2018
- College Football Playoff, Bowl Game Schedule - December 15, 2017
- 2017-18 FBS Coaching Carousel: Dec. 13 Update - December 15, 2017
- NCAA, NAIA Playoff Results, Schedule: Dec. 3 update - December 9, 2017
- Heisman Trophy: Mayfield looks like the winner - December 8, 2017
- 2017 FBS Coaching Carousel: Dec. 6 Update - December 7, 2017
- FCS Standings: Week 14 Final - December 6, 2017
- FBS Standings: Week 14 Final - December 4, 2017
- 2017 FBS Coaching Carousel: Nov. 30 update - December 1, 2017
- 2017 FCS Standings: Week 13 Final - December 1, 2017