RoadTripSports.com/College Football America Publisher Kendall Webb’s statement:
Just like many of you, we’ve watched this weekend’s events in Charlottesville, Virginia, from afar, and I’m not sure I’ve got the words to describe how I feel.
Charlottesville is a College Football America hometown, an important city to us as the home of the incredible University of Virginia and the Cavaliers who compete in college football’s highest division. More importantly, it’s a beautiful city with a rich history, and a city filled with friendly citizens who have treated us kindly on our visits there. I first attended a game there in 1996 when my University of Texas Longhorns came to town, and I have passed through a couple of times in the years since including a trip just a couple of years ago to photograph the university. The city is a jewel in the college football universe.
We support the citizens there that stood up for their city this weekend, and rejected the hate and the evil that came to town. We applaud them for having the courage to take a stand and fight against the public displays of Nazism and racism in Charlottesville including the amazing Heather Heyer who made the ultimate sacrifice. The same goes for the two state troopers – Pilot Lt. H. Jay Cullen and Trooper-Pilot Berke M. M. Bates who died en route to the scene when their helicopter crashed. We mourn the loss of these true American patriots, and we ask you to join us in keeping the families of these victims in your thoughts and prayers.
– Kendall Webb
- Sewanee holds off Austin College for 28-20 win on The Mountain - September 16, 2018
- Fighting Hawks fly past Delta Devils in 35-7 rout - August 30, 2018
- Hawaii holds off late Colorado State rally in 43-34 stunner - August 26, 2018
- Bethel (TN) stuns No. 2 Reinhardt in 2018 opener, 31-21 - August 24, 2018
- College Football America 2018 Yearbook rolls with the Tide on cover - July 24, 2018
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017