RoadTripSports.com/College Football America Publisher Kendall Webb’s statement:
Just like many of you, we’ve watched this weekend’s events in Charlottesville, Virginia, from afar, and I’m not sure I’ve got the words to describe how I feel.
Charlottesville is a College Football America hometown, an important city to us as the home of the incredible University of Virginia and the Cavaliers who compete in college football’s highest division. More importantly, it’s a beautiful city with a rich history, and a city filled with friendly citizens who have treated us kindly on our visits there. I first attended a game there in 1996 when my University of Texas Longhorns came to town, and I have passed through a couple of times in the years since including a trip just a couple of years ago to photograph the university. The city is a jewel in the college football universe.
We support the citizens there that stood up for their city this weekend, and rejected the hate and the evil that came to town. We applaud them for having the courage to take a stand and fight against the public displays of Nazism and racism in Charlottesville including the amazing Heather Heyer who made the ultimate sacrifice. The same goes for the two state troopers – Pilot Lt. H. Jay Cullen and Trooper-Pilot Berke M. M. Bates who died en route to the scene when their helicopter crashed. We mourn the loss of these true American patriots, and we ask you to join us in keeping the families of these victims in your thoughts and prayers.
– Kendall Webb
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017
- Canada, Mexico to stage college football championships Saturday - November 24, 2017
- Louisiana pulls away from NM State late for 47-34 win - November 21, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017