Courtesy of The Butkus Award®
The Butkus Award® recently released its 2017 Watch List featuring 51 of the nation’s top linebackers. The award has been handed out annually to the nation’s top college linebacker since 1985 when Oklahoma’s Brian Bosworth took home the first trophy. The “Boz” won the award again in 1986 and remains the only two-time winner to date. With 2016 winner Reuben Foster of Alabama now a member of the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers, the Butkus Award® is guaranteed to produce another first-time winner this fall.
Alabama, however, has two more candidates on the 2017 Watch List in seniors Rashaan Evans and Shaun Dion Hamilton. Other top candidates include Virginia Tech’s Tremaine Edmunds, Texas’ Malik Jefferson, Iowa’s Josey Jewell, LSU’s Arden Key, Virginia’s Micah Kiser, Notre Dame’s Nyles Morgan, Miami’s (FL) Shaquille Quarterman, Indiana’s Tegray Scales and Ohio State’s Chris Worley.
- High School Headlines: Alaska crowns first state champs of ’17 - October 20, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay: Episode 5 - October 19, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 8 - October 19, 2017
- Nagurski honors Memphis defender with weekly award - October 18, 2017
- Maxwell Football Club announces weekly awards - October 18, 2017
- Syracuse win over Clemson earns FWAA recognition - October 17, 2017
- NFF chapter scholar-athlete award recipients announced - October 17, 2017
- Emporia State upends Lindenwood 41-30 - October 17, 2017
- Cardinals soar in 66-21 win over Spartans - October 17, 2017
- Battle Ground Academy shuts out Franklin Road Academy 38-0 - October 17, 2017