Courtesy of The Butkus Award®
The Butkus Award® recently released its 2017 Watch List featuring 51 of the nation’s top linebackers. The award has been handed out annually to the nation’s top college linebacker since 1985 when Oklahoma’s Brian Bosworth took home the first trophy. The “Boz” won the award again in 1986 and remains the only two-time winner to date. With 2016 winner Reuben Foster of Alabama now a member of the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers, the Butkus Award® is guaranteed to produce another first-time winner this fall.
Alabama, however, has two more candidates on the 2017 Watch List in seniors Rashaan Evans and Shaun Dion Hamilton. Other top candidates include Virginia Tech’s Tremaine Edmunds, Texas’ Malik Jefferson, Iowa’s Josey Jewell, LSU’s Arden Key, Virginia’s Micah Kiser, Notre Dame’s Nyles Morgan, Miami’s (FL) Shaquille Quarterman, Indiana’s Tegray Scales and Ohio State’s Chris Worley.
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017
- Canada, Mexico to stage college football championships Saturday - November 24, 2017
- Louisiana pulls away from NM State late for 47-34 win - November 21, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017
- Whitwell boots Gordonsville from TSSAA playoffs - November 15, 2017