SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Quarterback Joshua Dobbs threw for 223 yards and three touchdowns and rushed for 147 yards and two touchdowns to lead Tennessee to a 49-36 SEC victory over Kentucky at Neyland Stadium.
Kentucky (5-5, 4-4) trailed by only five points at halftime before the Vols (7-3, 3-3) took control with a 49-22 lead. The Wildcats tacked on two late touchdowns in the final four minutes.
Tennessee also had running back Alvin Kamara back in the lineup. He tallied 128 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
Both teams are still in contention for the SEC East title. Florida leads at 5-2, followed by Kentucky and Georgia at 4-4 and Tennessee at 3-3.
- NCAA FBS: Tennessee’s Dobbs leads Vols past Kentucky - November 13, 2016
- ONEFA/NCAA FCS: San Diego takes down UDLAP 49-25 in exhibition - November 7, 2016
- NCAA D2: Midwestern State crushes newcomer UTPB, 76-21 - November 4, 2016
- NCAA D3: Southwestern blanks Austin College 35-0 - November 3, 2016
- UIL (TX) HFB: Frisco punches playoff ticket with victory over Liberty - November 1, 2016
- NCAA FBS: Cal edges Oregon in 52-49 shootout - October 24, 2016
- NJCAA: Navarro outlasts Kilgore in 52-45 shootout - October 18, 2016
- NAIA: Arizona Christian spoils SAGU’s homecoming - October 9, 2016
- NCAA D2: Storms collide in Durant, but Savage Storm prevails 45-14 - September 26, 2016
- NCAA FCS/FBS: North Carolina rolls past James Madison 56-28 - September 18, 2016