FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — In the end, 48 minutes wasn’t enough to determine who should advance in the second round TSSAA Class 3A playoff game between Chattanooga rivals East Ridge and Red Bank.
Neither was a single overtime.
Instead, it took two extra periods for the East Ridge Pioneers to finally get past the host Red Bank Lions in a 35-28 thriller. It was the second time the Pioneers had played at Red Bank where they lost 22-10 in mid-September.
This time, the Pioneers wouldn’t be denied behind a 139-yard rushing effort by Traneil Moore. It was part of a 309-yard output by the visitors while the Lions kept it close with 229 yards of their own.
Red Bank’s season ends at 7-5 while East Ridge will advance with the same record to the state quarterfinals where the Pioneers will face the undefeated Sequatchie County (Dunlap, TN) Indians Friday night.
- Arkansas Baptist crushes GPSA in season opener, 62-19 - August 19, 2017
- The Road Report: National Football Update (8/19/2017) - August 19, 2017
- Nolensville rally falls just short in 27-26 loss to Fayetteville - August 19, 2017
- The Road Report: National Football Update (8/18/2017) - August 18, 2017
- Tullahoma ends 21-game losing streak vs. rival Shelbyville Central - August 18, 2017
- The Road Report: National Football Update (8/17/2017) - August 17, 2017
- Thorpe Award Names 2017 Preseason Watch List - August 15, 2017
- CFA’s statement on the tragic events in Charlottesville - August 13, 2017
- Prominent Silicon Valley Leaders To Host Inaugural Campbell Trophy Summit - August 9, 2017
- Butkus Award 2017 Watch List Released - August 9, 2017