FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — In the end, 48 minutes wasn’t enough to determine who should advance in the second round TSSAA Class 3A playoff game between Chattanooga rivals East Ridge and Red Bank.
Neither was a single overtime.
Instead, it took two extra periods for the East Ridge Pioneers to finally get past the host Red Bank Lions in a 35-28 thriller. It was the second time the Pioneers had played at Red Bank where they lost 22-10 in mid-September.
This time, the Pioneers wouldn’t be denied behind a 139-yard rushing effort by Traneil Moore. It was part of a 309-yard output by the visitors while the Lions kept it close with 229 yards of their own.
Red Bank’s season ends at 7-5 while East Ridge will advance with the same record to the state quarterfinals where the Pioneers will face the undefeated Sequatchie County (Dunlap, TN) Indians Friday night.
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017
- Canada, Mexico to stage college football championships Saturday - November 24, 2017
- Louisiana pulls away from NM State late for 47-34 win - November 21, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017