FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — In the end, 48 minutes wasn’t enough to determine who should advance in the second round TSSAA Class 3A playoff game between Chattanooga rivals East Ridge and Red Bank.
Neither was a single overtime.
Instead, it took two extra periods for the East Ridge Pioneers to finally get past the host Red Bank Lions in a 35-28 thriller. It was the second time the Pioneers had played at Red Bank where they lost 22-10 in mid-September.
This time, the Pioneers wouldn’t be denied behind a 139-yard rushing effort by Traneil Moore. It was part of a 309-yard output by the visitors while the Lions kept it close with 229 yards of their own.
Red Bank’s season ends at 7-5 while East Ridge will advance with the same record to the state quarterfinals where the Pioneers will face the undefeated Sequatchie County (Dunlap, TN) Indians Friday night.
- FWAA-NFF Super 16 Poll released for Week 8 - October 23, 2017
- High School Headlines: Alaska crowns first state champs of ’17 - October 20, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay: Episode 5 - October 19, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 8 - October 19, 2017
- Nagurski honors Memphis defender with weekly award - October 18, 2017
- Maxwell Football Club announces weekly awards - October 18, 2017
- Syracuse win over Clemson earns FWAA recognition - October 17, 2017
- NFF chapter scholar-athlete award recipients announced - October 17, 2017
- Emporia State upends Lindenwood 41-30 - October 17, 2017
- Cardinals soar in 66-21 win over Spartans - October 17, 2017