JONESBORO, Ark. — Arkansas State quarterback Justice Hansen had a career day with 303 yards passing including four touchdowns to lead his Red Wolves to a 51-10 win over the visiting ULM Warhawks.
Hansen and crew had the game in the bag by halftime taking a 42-3 lead to the lockers. Hansen threw three of his four touchdown tosses in the first-half blitz, and he added a fourth on a nifty six-yard run just 37 seconds before the half.
ULM, on the other hand, rotated two quarterbacks in with Will Collins and Caleb Evans splitting the passing attempts down the middle. Collins was the more effective passer completing 9-of-15 for 87 yards, but Evans made the biggest play of the night on a 66-yard to Xavier Brown while finishing 5-of-14
There weren’t many positives for either quarterback, however, and the Warhawks’ rebuilding project will continue for the foreseeable future. That includes this coming Saturday when they play host to South Alabama.
Arkansas State, meanwhile, will travel to Georgia State Thursday night after finding their groove in Sun Belt play. The Red Wolves started the season 0-4 in non-conference action, but they are 3-0 in league play.
- Thorobreds hang on down stretch for first win of 2017 - September 19, 2017
- Kentucky Country Day routs Bethlehem in 47-0 shutout - September 18, 2017
- Handicapping the major college football national championship - September 17, 2017
- FWAA-NFF Super 16 Poll Week 3 - September 17, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 3 - September 16, 2017
- RoadTripReplay: College Football America Week 2 Podcast - September 14, 2017
- High School Headlines: Hurricanes wreaking havoc on the high school season - September 14, 2017
- Maxwell Football Club to promote Schneider Scale during 2017 season - September 14, 2017
- UNC’s Sheldon named Ray Guy Punter of the Week - September 13, 2017
- Mayfield, Bryant recognized by Maxwell Football Club - September 13, 2017