SATURDAY, October 29, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
WICHITA FALLS, Texas — Chalk this one up to growing pains.
The first-year program from the University of Texas of the Permian Basin ran headfirst into a buzz saw in the form of Midwestern State.
The Mustangs bounced back from their first loss of the season with a 76-21 shellacking of the Falcons in Lone Star Conference action at Memorial Stadium. MSU (7-1, 6-1) got two touchdown passes apiece from Quade Coward and Layton Rabb. Nicholas Gabriel rushed for 128 yards and a touchdown, while Vincent Johnson rushed for 82 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Mustang offense.
UTPB freshman quarterback threw for 216 yards and two touchdowns and was sacked four times. The Falcons (2-7, 0-7) also got a rushing score from Marquis Simmons.
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 11 - November 9, 2017
- Camels get over the hump against Wildcats in 42-29 win - November 7, 2017
- Wyoming crushes New Mexico 42-3 - October 31, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 10 - October 31, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 9 - October 26, 2017
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Houston Baptist, 27-10 - October 25, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 8 - October 19, 2017
- Fresno State blasts New Mexico 38-0 - October 17, 2017
- Fresno City crushes Chabot in 42-14 homecoming win - October 17, 2017