SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
SHERMAN, Texas — The Southwestern (TX) Pirates notched their second shutout of the season and at least a share of the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference championship with a 35-0 win Saturday over the Austin College Kangaroos.
The Pirates scored all but seven of those points in the second half, racking up 367 yards and five touchdowns in the convincing win. Dylan Wilburn and Frederick Hoover combined for 248 rushing yards while finding the end zone two times apiece. Devin Shaw also had a rushing touchdown for the Pirates (5-3, 4-0). Southwestern outgained Austin College, 433-163 yards.
The loss was the fifth straight for the Kangaroos (2-6, 0-4) after a 2-1 start to the season.
Southwestern is back in action at home this coming Saturday against Trinity while Austin College will pay a visit to Texas Lutheran.
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 14 - December 1, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 13 - November 22, 2017
- Midwestern State rallies past Sioux Falls in D2 playoffs - November 21, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 11 - November 9, 2017
- Camels get over the hump against Wildcats in 42-29 win - November 7, 2017
- Wyoming crushes New Mexico 42-3 - October 31, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 10 - October 31, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 9 - October 26, 2017
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Houston Baptist, 27-10 - October 25, 2017