SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
SHERMAN, Texas — The Southwestern (TX) Pirates notched their second shutout of the season and at least a share of the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference championship with a 35-0 win Saturday over the Austin College Kangaroos.
The Pirates scored all but seven of those points in the second half, racking up 367 yards and five touchdowns in the convincing win. Dylan Wilburn and Frederick Hoover combined for 248 rushing yards while finding the end zone two times apiece. Devin Shaw also had a rushing touchdown for the Pirates (5-3, 4-0). Southwestern outgained Austin College, 433-163 yards.
The loss was the fifth straight for the Kangaroos (2-6, 0-4) after a 2-1 start to the season.
Southwestern is back in action at home this coming Saturday against Trinity while Austin College will pay a visit to Texas Lutheran.
- Texas Wesleyan loses in first home game since 1941 - September 11, 2017
- Panthers shut out Dragons 44-0 to open season - September 8, 2017
- Hurricanes blast Wildcats in 41-13 season-opening win - September 8, 2017
- FAU stumbles against Navy in Kiffin’s debut - September 8, 2017
- TVCC pounds Pima 57-3 in Battle in the Valley opener - August 29, 2017
- NCAA FBS: Tennessee’s Dobbs leads Vols past Kentucky - November 13, 2016
- ONEFA/NCAA FCS: San Diego takes down UDLAP 49-25 in exhibition - November 7, 2016
- NCAA D2: Midwestern State crushes newcomer UTPB, 76-21 - November 4, 2016
- NCAA D3: Southwestern blanks Austin College 35-0 - November 3, 2016
- UIL (TX) HFB: Frisco punches playoff ticket with victory over Liberty - November 1, 2016