GRAPEVINE, Texas – The College Football Playoff Selection Committee announced its first set of Top 25 rankings. Alabama is No. 1, Clemson No. 2, Michigan No. 3 and Texas A&M is No. 4.
The committee will prepare five more rankings this season, including the final set on Selection Day, Sunday, December 4. The top four teams in the final rankings will play in the Playoff Semifinals on December 31, 2016, at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and Fiesta Bowl.
“I am excited to kick off the third year of the College Football Playoff and lead this committee,” said selection chairman Kirby Hocutt. “Our committee is made up of 12 college football experts with diverse professional backgrounds who were selected because of their experience and knowledge.
“There are many factors that go into our rankings. While winning tells us a lot, it doesn’t tell us everything. This committee goes deeper – considering strength of schedule, quality wins, who teams have beaten and where and head-to-head match ups. There is still a lot of football to be played and for teams to continue to build their body of work for the committee to evaluate.”
Complete rankings can be found on the official website of the College Football Playoff at www.collegefootballplayoff.com.
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017
- Canada, Mexico to stage college football championships Saturday - November 24, 2017
- Louisiana pulls away from NM State late for 47-34 win - November 21, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017