GRAPEVINE, Texas – The College Football Playoff Selection Committee announced its first set of Top 25 rankings. Alabama is No. 1, Clemson No. 2, Michigan No. 3 and Texas A&M is No. 4.
The committee will prepare five more rankings this season, including the final set on Selection Day, Sunday, December 4. The top four teams in the final rankings will play in the Playoff Semifinals on December 31, 2016, at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl and Fiesta Bowl.
“I am excited to kick off the third year of the College Football Playoff and lead this committee,” said selection chairman Kirby Hocutt. “Our committee is made up of 12 college football experts with diverse professional backgrounds who were selected because of their experience and knowledge.
“There are many factors that go into our rankings. While winning tells us a lot, it doesn’t tell us everything. This committee goes deeper – considering strength of schedule, quality wins, who teams have beaten and where and head-to-head match ups. There is still a lot of football to be played and for teams to continue to build their body of work for the committee to evaluate.”
Complete rankings can be found on the official website of the College Football Playoff at www.collegefootballplayoff.com.
- Bert Waters Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Benjamin H. Dibblee Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Charles D. Daly Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Lawrence “Biff” Jones Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Dana X. Bible Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Paul J. Amen Coaching Tree - February 15, 2017
- Bill Hildebrand Coaching Tree - February 15, 2017
- Greg Robinson Coaching Tree - February 12, 2017
- Todd Graham Coaching Tree - February 12, 2017
- Ray Perkins Coaching Tree - February 12, 2017