FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
FRISCO, Texas — The originators are going back to the playoffs.
Frisco, the first high school in a town that now boasts nine of them, took care of business in the form of a 21-9 victory over the Liberty (Frisco, TX) Redhawks Friday night at the Ford Center at the Star. It was the third straight victory for the Coons.
Coons quarterback Caden Wright rushed for 169 yards and two touchdowns, including a 78-yarder, in the District 13-5A victory.
Frisco (7-2, 4-2) led just 7-3 at the half. After Frisco had stretched its lead, Liberty (3-6, 2-4) trimmed it back to five points with a 24-yard touchdown run by Dimitri Jones with less than six minutes left in third quarter.
Wright scored another touchdown in the fourth quarter before teammate Connor Swope intercepted a Redhawks pass on 4th-and-goal to seal the win.
- NCAA FBS: Tennessee’s Dobbs leads Vols past Kentucky - November 13, 2016
- ONEFA/NCAA FCS: San Diego takes down UDLAP 49-25 in exhibition - November 7, 2016
- NCAA D2: Midwestern State crushes newcomer UTPB, 76-21 - November 4, 2016
- NCAA D3: Southwestern blanks Austin College 35-0 - November 3, 2016
- UIL (TX) HFB: Frisco punches playoff ticket with victory over Liberty - November 1, 2016
- NCAA FBS: Cal edges Oregon in 52-49 shootout - October 24, 2016
- NJCAA: Navarro outlasts Kilgore in 52-45 shootout - October 18, 2016
- NAIA: Arizona Christian spoils SAGU’s homecoming - October 9, 2016
- NCAA D2: Storms collide in Durant, but Savage Storm prevails 45-14 - September 26, 2016
- NCAA FCS/FBS: North Carolina rolls past James Madison 56-28 - September 18, 2016