FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
FRISCO, Texas — The originators are going back to the playoffs.
Frisco, the first high school in a town that now boasts nine of them, took care of business in the form of a 21-9 victory over the Liberty (Frisco, TX) Redhawks Friday night at the Ford Center at the Star. It was the third straight victory for the Coons.
Coons quarterback Caden Wright rushed for 169 yards and two touchdowns, including a 78-yarder, in the District 13-5A victory.
Frisco (7-2, 4-2) led just 7-3 at the half. After Frisco had stretched its lead, Liberty (3-6, 2-4) trimmed it back to five points with a 24-yard touchdown run by Dimitri Jones with less than six minutes left in third quarter.
Wright scored another touchdown in the fourth quarter before teammate Connor Swope intercepted a Redhawks pass on 4th-and-goal to seal the win.
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 14 - December 1, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 13 - November 22, 2017
- Midwestern State rallies past Sioux Falls in D2 playoffs - November 21, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 11 - November 9, 2017
- Camels get over the hump against Wildcats in 42-29 win - November 7, 2017
- Wyoming crushes New Mexico 42-3 - October 31, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 10 - October 31, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 9 - October 26, 2017
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Houston Baptist, 27-10 - October 25, 2017