FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
FRISCO, Texas — The originators are going back to the playoffs.
Frisco, the first high school in a town that now boasts nine of them, took care of business in the form of a 21-9 victory over the Liberty (Frisco, TX) Redhawks Friday night at the Ford Center at the Star. It was the third straight victory for the Coons.
Coons quarterback Caden Wright rushed for 169 yards and two touchdowns, including a 78-yarder, in the District 13-5A victory.
Frisco (7-2, 4-2) led just 7-3 at the half. After Frisco had stretched its lead, Liberty (3-6, 2-4) trimmed it back to five points with a 24-yard touchdown run by Dimitri Jones with less than six minutes left in third quarter.
Wright scored another touchdown in the fourth quarter before teammate Connor Swope intercepted a Redhawks pass on 4th-and-goal to seal the win.
- Crimson Tide rolls past Rams in 41-23 win - September 20, 2017
- Blazers burn Coastal Carolina 30-23 in Birmingham - September 19, 2017
- Texas Wesleyan loses in first home game since 1941 - September 11, 2017
- Panthers shut out Dragons 44-0 to open season - September 8, 2017
- Hurricanes blast Wildcats in 41-13 season-opening win - September 8, 2017
- FAU stumbles against Navy in Kiffin’s debut - September 8, 2017
- TVCC pounds Pima 57-3 in Battle in the Valley opener - August 29, 2017
- NCAA FBS: Tennessee’s Dobbs leads Vols past Kentucky - November 13, 2016
- ONEFA/NCAA FCS: San Diego takes down UDLAP 49-25 in exhibition - November 7, 2016
- NCAA D2: Midwestern State crushes newcomer UTPB, 76-21 - November 4, 2016