SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. — The Southeast Missouri State Redhawks got a career-high 154 yards rushing from Will Young en route to a 41-21 victory over the Austin Peay Governors Saturday.
The loss was Austin Peay’s 24th straight dating back to 2014, but they did show signs of life with Javaughn Craig at quarterback. The true freshman scored on a 70-yard read option play, and he finished with 12-of-17 through the air for 90 yards and his first touchdown pass as a Governor.
But as has been the case throughout the Governors’ losing streak, it just wasn’t enough. The 24-game skid is the longest current losing streak in all of Division I.
For the Redhawks, the win moved them to 3-5 overall, but more importantly, 3-2 in the Ohio Valley Conference. They’ll host Jacksonville State next Saturday while Austin Peay returns home to take on Tennessee State.
- Garrett, Fournette lead the way for The Program in NFL Draft - April 30, 2017
- Bert Waters Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Benjamin H. Dibblee Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Charles D. Daly Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Lawrence “Biff” Jones Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Dana X. Bible Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Paul J. Amen Coaching Tree - February 15, 2017
- Bill Hildebrand Coaching Tree - February 15, 2017
- Greg Robinson Coaching Tree - February 12, 2017
- Todd Graham Coaching Tree - February 12, 2017