SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2016
Photos by Matthew Postins
PALO ALTO, Calif. — It was quite a Saturday for the Colorado Buffaloes.
First-year head coach Mike MacIntyre’s team needed just 10 points to win a Pac-12 Conference road game, became bowl eligible for the first time since 2007 and then earned some celebratory In-N-Out Burgers before heading back to Boulder.
MacIntyre, who should be in strong consideration for Coach of the Year, followed through on his promise to buy dinner from Cali’s premiere burger chain for the team if it knocked off Stanford. So, after the 10-5 victory over the Cardinal, the team got some double-doubles and animal style fries. After winning just one conference game last season, Colorado (6-2, 4-1) is tied with Utah for first place in the Pac-12 South.
Stanford (4-3, 2-3) jumped out to an early lead with a Conrad Ukropina 26-yard field goal with 2:40 left in the first quarter. However, the Buffs took the lead for good early in the second quarter on a 15-yard touchdown pass from Sefo Liufau to Shay Fields. The Cardinal got star running back Christian McCaffrey back from injury, but Stanford had just 263 yards and four turnovers.
Colorado has a week off before hosting UCLA on Thursday, November 3. Stanford, meanwhile, is back in action this Saturday at Arizona.
- 2017 Head-Coaching Hire Analysis: First-Year Head Coaches - January 21, 2017
- Final FBS Standings for 2016 - January 17, 2017
- 2016-17 College Bowl Season Final Results - January 14, 2017
- FBS Coaching Carousel: Fickell, Kiffin return to head coaching ranks - December 13, 2016
- 2016 FBS Coaching Carousel: Baylor hires Temple’s Matt Rhule as head coach - December 7, 2016
- The Heisman Top 25: The Finalists Will Be … - December 4, 2016
- The Heisman Top 25 (November 29) - November 29, 2016
- 2016 FBS Coaching Carousel (November 28) - November 28, 2016
- The Heisman Top 25: November 25, 2016 - November 25, 2016
- The Heisman Top 25: November 17 - November 17, 2016