SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2016
Photos by Matthew Postins
PALO ALTO, Calif. — It was quite a Saturday for the Colorado Buffaloes.
First-year head coach Mike MacIntyre’s team needed just 10 points to win a Pac-12 Conference road game, became bowl eligible for the first time since 2007 and then earned some celebratory In-N-Out Burgers before heading back to Boulder.
MacIntyre, who should be in strong consideration for Coach of the Year, followed through on his promise to buy dinner from Cali’s premiere burger chain for the team if it knocked off Stanford. So, after the 10-5 victory over the Cardinal, the team got some double-doubles and animal style fries. After winning just one conference game last season, Colorado (6-2, 4-1) is tied with Utah for first place in the Pac-12 South.
Stanford (4-3, 2-3) jumped out to an early lead with a Conrad Ukropina 26-yard field goal with 2:40 left in the first quarter. However, the Buffs took the lead for good early in the second quarter on a 15-yard touchdown pass from Sefo Liufau to Shay Fields. The Cardinal got star running back Christian McCaffrey back from injury, but Stanford had just 263 yards and four turnovers.
Colorado has a week off before hosting UCLA on Thursday, November 3. Stanford, meanwhile, is back in action this Saturday at Arizona.
- Column: It’s time for the Group of 5 to start its own playoff - January 7, 2018
- College Football Playoff, Bowl Game Schedule - December 15, 2017
- 2017-18 FBS Coaching Carousel: Dec. 13 Update - December 15, 2017
- NCAA, NAIA Playoff Results, Schedule: Dec. 3 update - December 9, 2017
- Heisman Trophy: Mayfield looks like the winner - December 8, 2017
- 2017 FBS Coaching Carousel: Dec. 6 Update - December 7, 2017
- FCS Standings: Week 14 Final - December 6, 2017
- FBS Standings: Week 14 Final - December 4, 2017
- 2017 FBS Coaching Carousel: Nov. 30 update - December 1, 2017
- 2017 FCS Standings: Week 13 Final - December 1, 2017