SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2016
Photos by Matthew Postins
PALO ALTO, Calif. — It was quite a Saturday for the Colorado Buffaloes.
First-year head coach Mike MacIntyre’s team needed just 10 points to win a Pac-12 Conference road game, became bowl eligible for the first time since 2007 and then earned some celebratory In-N-Out Burgers before heading back to Boulder.
MacIntyre, who should be in strong consideration for Coach of the Year, followed through on his promise to buy dinner from Cali’s premiere burger chain for the team if it knocked off Stanford. So, after the 10-5 victory over the Cardinal, the team got some double-doubles and animal style fries. After winning just one conference game last season, Colorado (6-2, 4-1) is tied with Utah for first place in the Pac-12 South.
Stanford (4-3, 2-3) jumped out to an early lead with a Conrad Ukropina 26-yard field goal with 2:40 left in the first quarter. However, the Buffs took the lead for good early in the second quarter on a 15-yard touchdown pass from Sefo Liufau to Shay Fields. The Cardinal got star running back Christian McCaffrey back from injury, but Stanford had just 263 yards and four turnovers.
Colorado has a week off before hosting UCLA on Thursday, November 3. Stanford, meanwhile, is back in action this Saturday at Arizona.
- 2017 FCS Standings: Week 2 Update - September 15, 2017
- Week 2 FBS Standings, Week 3 Schedule - September 14, 2017
- Postscripts: Week 2 Review - September 14, 2017
- Horned Frogs defense shuts down Arkansas in 28-7 win - September 11, 2017
- Villanova outlasts Lehigh for 38-35 season-opening win - September 8, 2017
- Army crushes Fordham at West Point, 64-6 - September 8, 2017
- Postscripts: Week 1 - September 7, 2017
- FBS Week 1 Standings, Week 2 Schedule - September 7, 2017
- UConn rallies in second half to upend Holy Cross, 27-20 - September 4, 2017
- Saint Francis (IN) No. 1 in CFA Yearbook’s NAIA Preseason Top 30 - August 24, 2017