SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
FULTON, Mo. — The Northwestern (MN) Eagles used two third-quarter touchdowns to pull away from the Westminster (MO) Blue Jays for a 28-6 win Saturday afternoon.
The Eagles clung to a 14-6 lead at the half behind two BJ Foster touchdown runs as a stubborn Westminster squad defended its own turf with vigor. Northwestern quarterback Corban Halbur then led the second-half charge connecting with Gavin Welch and Cody Carlson on touchdown passes of 9 and 25 yards to knock the wind out of the Blue Jays.
Northwestern returns home next weekend to take on Greenville before closing out the season the following Saturday at Eureka.
Westminster will be at home in Fulton again next weekend for a contest against St. Scholastica. The Blue Jays then close out the 2016 season the following weekend on the road at Minnesota-Morris.
- Garrett, Fournette lead the way for The Program in NFL Draft - April 30, 2017
- Bert Waters Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Benjamin H. Dibblee Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Charles D. Daly Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Lawrence “Biff” Jones Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Dana X. Bible Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Paul J. Amen Coaching Tree - February 15, 2017
- Bill Hildebrand Coaching Tree - February 15, 2017
- Greg Robinson Coaching Tree - February 12, 2017
- Todd Graham Coaching Tree - February 12, 2017