SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
FULTON, Mo. — The Northwestern (MN) Eagles used two third-quarter touchdowns to pull away from the Westminster (MO) Blue Jays for a 28-6 win Saturday afternoon.
The Eagles clung to a 14-6 lead at the half behind two BJ Foster touchdown runs as a stubborn Westminster squad defended its own turf with vigor. Northwestern quarterback Corban Halbur then led the second-half charge connecting with Gavin Welch and Cody Carlson on touchdown passes of 9 and 25 yards to knock the wind out of the Blue Jays.
Northwestern returns home next weekend to take on Greenville before closing out the season the following Saturday at Eureka.
Westminster will be at home in Fulton again next weekend for a contest against St. Scholastica. The Blue Jays then close out the 2016 season the following weekend on the road at Minnesota-Morris.
- Baylor’s Galitz named Ray Guy Punter of the Week - September 19, 2017
- No. 6 Blue Raiders pound Bulldogs 68-26 - September 19, 2017
- ACU opens new Wildcat Stadium in style with 24-3 win - September 19, 2017
- Cowboys ride past Wildcats in 55-10 rout - September 19, 2017
- Georgetown’s defense points way to victory against Skyhawks - September 19, 2017
- Thorobreds hang on down stretch for first win of 2017 - September 19, 2017
- Kentucky Country Day routs Bethlehem in 47-0 shutout - September 18, 2017
- Handicapping the major college football national championship - September 17, 2017
- FWAA-NFF Super 16 Poll Week 3 - September 17, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 3 - September 16, 2017