SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
FULTON, Mo. — The Northwestern (MN) Eagles used two third-quarter touchdowns to pull away from the Westminster (MO) Blue Jays for a 28-6 win Saturday afternoon.
The Eagles clung to a 14-6 lead at the half behind two BJ Foster touchdown runs as a stubborn Westminster squad defended its own turf with vigor. Northwestern quarterback Corban Halbur then led the second-half charge connecting with Gavin Welch and Cody Carlson on touchdown passes of 9 and 25 yards to knock the wind out of the Blue Jays.
Northwestern returns home next weekend to take on Greenville before closing out the season the following Saturday at Eureka.
Westminster will be at home in Fulton again next weekend for a contest against St. Scholastica. The Blue Jays then close out the 2016 season the following weekend on the road at Minnesota-Morris.
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Sooners squash Frogs’ playoff hopes in 38-20 win - November 16, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017
- Whitwell boots Gordonsville from TSSAA playoffs - November 15, 2017
- CFP Selection Committee releases third set of Top 25 rankings - November 14, 2017
- FWAA-NFF Super 16 reshaped by Georgia, Notre Dame losses - November 12, 2017
- North Dakota’s 2017 state champions are crowned - November 11, 2017
- High School Headlines: More state champs to be crowned this weekend - November 10, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 11 - November 9, 2017