SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
FULTON, Mo. — The Northwestern (MN) Eagles used two third-quarter touchdowns to pull away from the Westminster (MO) Blue Jays for a 28-6 win Saturday afternoon.
The Eagles clung to a 14-6 lead at the half behind two BJ Foster touchdown runs as a stubborn Westminster squad defended its own turf with vigor. Northwestern quarterback Corban Halbur then led the second-half charge connecting with Gavin Welch and Cody Carlson on touchdown passes of 9 and 25 yards to knock the wind out of the Blue Jays.
Northwestern returns home next weekend to take on Greenville before closing out the season the following Saturday at Eureka.
Westminster will be at home in Fulton again next weekend for a contest against St. Scholastica. The Blue Jays then close out the 2016 season the following weekend on the road at Minnesota-Morris.
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017
- Canada, Mexico to stage college football championships Saturday - November 24, 2017
- Louisiana pulls away from NM State late for 47-34 win - November 21, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017