FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
BERKELEY, Calif. – An interception by Cal linebacker Jordan Kunaszyk in the second overtime lifted Cal to its fifth-straight home win and eighth in its last nine games as the Golden Bears defeated the Oregon Ducks, 52-49.
Cal’s Tre Watson rushed 28 times for a career-high 154 yards and caught 5 passes for 50 yards and two scores. Khalfani Muhammad added 148 yards rushing and QB Davis Webb tossed five touchdowns on 325 yards passing. Cal rushed for 311 yards, marking the first time since 2004 that the Bears had rushed for 300 yards in back-to-back games.
Cal also had a 636-450 advantage in total offense as the two teams set an FBS record with 203 combined offensive plays.
Next up for Cal is a Thursday night visit to Los Angeles to face the USC Trojans. Oregon will try to salvage what it can of the 2016 season beginning with next Saturday’s home game against Arizona State.
- NCAA FBS: Tennessee’s Dobbs leads Vols past Kentucky - November 13, 2016
- ONEFA/NCAA FCS: San Diego takes down UDLAP 49-25 in exhibition - November 7, 2016
- NCAA D2: Midwestern State crushes newcomer UTPB, 76-21 - November 4, 2016
- NCAA D3: Southwestern blanks Austin College 35-0 - November 3, 2016
- UIL (TX) HFB: Frisco punches playoff ticket with victory over Liberty - November 1, 2016
- NCAA FBS: Cal edges Oregon in 52-49 shootout - October 24, 2016
- NJCAA: Navarro outlasts Kilgore in 52-45 shootout - October 18, 2016
- NAIA: Arizona Christian spoils SAGU’s homecoming - October 9, 2016
- NCAA D2: Storms collide in Durant, but Savage Storm prevails 45-14 - September 26, 2016
- NCAA FCS/FBS: North Carolina rolls past James Madison 56-28 - September 18, 2016