FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
BERKELEY, Calif. – An interception by Cal linebacker Jordan Kunaszyk in the second overtime lifted Cal to its fifth-straight home win and eighth in its last nine games as the Golden Bears defeated the Oregon Ducks, 52-49.
Cal’s Tre Watson rushed 28 times for a career-high 154 yards and caught 5 passes for 50 yards and two scores. Khalfani Muhammad added 148 yards rushing and QB Davis Webb tossed five touchdowns on 325 yards passing. Cal rushed for 311 yards, marking the first time since 2004 that the Bears had rushed for 300 yards in back-to-back games.
Cal also had a 636-450 advantage in total offense as the two teams set an FBS record with 203 combined offensive plays.
Next up for Cal is a Thursday night visit to Los Angeles to face the USC Trojans. Oregon will try to salvage what it can of the 2016 season beginning with next Saturday’s home game against Arizona State.
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 14 - December 1, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 13 - November 22, 2017
- Midwestern State rallies past Sioux Falls in D2 playoffs - November 21, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 11 - November 9, 2017
- Camels get over the hump against Wildcats in 42-29 win - November 7, 2017
- Wyoming crushes New Mexico 42-3 - October 31, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 10 - October 31, 2017
- Bowl Eligibility Report: Week 9 - October 26, 2017
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Houston Baptist, 27-10 - October 25, 2017