FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
BERKELEY, Calif. – An interception by Cal linebacker Jordan Kunaszyk in the second overtime lifted Cal to its fifth-straight home win and eighth in its last nine games as the Golden Bears defeated the Oregon Ducks, 52-49.
Cal’s Tre Watson rushed 28 times for a career-high 154 yards and caught 5 passes for 50 yards and two scores. Khalfani Muhammad added 148 yards rushing and QB Davis Webb tossed five touchdowns on 325 yards passing. Cal rushed for 311 yards, marking the first time since 2004 that the Bears had rushed for 300 yards in back-to-back games.
Cal also had a 636-450 advantage in total offense as the two teams set an FBS record with 203 combined offensive plays.
Next up for Cal is a Thursday night visit to Los Angeles to face the USC Trojans. Oregon will try to salvage what it can of the 2016 season beginning with next Saturday’s home game against Arizona State.
- Crimson Tide rolls past Rams in 41-23 win - September 20, 2017
- Blazers burn Coastal Carolina 30-23 in Birmingham - September 19, 2017
- Texas Wesleyan loses in first home game since 1941 - September 11, 2017
- Panthers shut out Dragons 44-0 to open season - September 8, 2017
- Hurricanes blast Wildcats in 41-13 season-opening win - September 8, 2017
- FAU stumbles against Navy in Kiffin’s debut - September 8, 2017
- TVCC pounds Pima 57-3 in Battle in the Valley opener - August 29, 2017
- NCAA FBS: Tennessee’s Dobbs leads Vols past Kentucky - November 13, 2016
- ONEFA/NCAA FCS: San Diego takes down UDLAP 49-25 in exhibition - November 7, 2016
- NCAA D2: Midwestern State crushes newcomer UTPB, 76-21 - November 4, 2016