SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
KILGORE, Texas — The Southwest Junior College Football Conference race got a little bit crazier.
Navarro established a big lead early in the second half, then held on to knock off Kilgore, 52-45, on Hall of Fame Weekend at R.E. St. John Memorial Stadium.
With two weeks remaining in the regular season, Trinity Valley, which plays host to Kilgore on Oct. 22, is in first place at 4-1. Kilgore, conference newcomer New Mexico Military and Tyler are all tied for second at 3-2. Blinn and Norheastern Oklahoma A&M are tied at 3-3.
The top four teams advance to the conference playoffs, which get going November 5. The Bulldogs (4-3 overall) scored on their first five possessions of the second half after leading, 14-10, at the break. Kilgore dropped to 4-2 overall with its first home loss of the season.
- Crimson Tide rolls past Rams in 41-23 win - September 20, 2017
- Blazers burn Coastal Carolina 30-23 in Birmingham - September 19, 2017
- Texas Wesleyan loses in first home game since 1941 - September 11, 2017
- Panthers shut out Dragons 44-0 to open season - September 8, 2017
- Hurricanes blast Wildcats in 41-13 season-opening win - September 8, 2017
- FAU stumbles against Navy in Kiffin’s debut - September 8, 2017
- TVCC pounds Pima 57-3 in Battle in the Valley opener - August 29, 2017
- NCAA FBS: Tennessee’s Dobbs leads Vols past Kentucky - November 13, 2016
- ONEFA/NCAA FCS: San Diego takes down UDLAP 49-25 in exhibition - November 7, 2016
- NCAA D2: Midwestern State crushes newcomer UTPB, 76-21 - November 4, 2016