SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
HONOLULU — This one was a little extra sweet.
First-year Hawai’i Head Coach Nick Rolovich guided his Rainbow Warriors to a convincing 38-17 win over Nevada at Aloha Stadium. Rolovich, a former quarterback at Hawaii, spent the past four seasons as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Nevada before returning to Hawaii where he started his coaching career back in 2008.
The win snapped a nine-game conference losing streak for Hawai’i. Dicoemy Saint Juste led the Rainbow Warrior offense with 207 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries. Hawai’i (2-3, 1-0) also got a big game from quarterback Dru Brown, who threw for 222 yards two touchdowns on 15-of-18 passing.
James Butler led the Wolf Pack in rushing with 169 yards and a touchdown.
Hawaii is back in action Saturday at the San Jose State Spartans while Nevada will play host to the Fresno State Bulldogs.
- Georgia Tech rambles past Pittsburgh, 35-17 - September 26, 2017
- Harrison’s big play offense proves too much for Allatoona - September 25, 2017
- FWAA-NFF Super 16 Poll Week 4 - September 24, 2017
- San Diego State’s Kelly earns weekly Nagurski honor - September 23, 2017
- High School Headlines: IMG vs. Central highlights the weekly schedule - September 22, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 4 - September 21, 2017
- NIU win at Nebraska earns FWAA Team of the Week honors - September 20, 2017
- Midwestern State mourns the loss of Robert Grays - September 20, 2017
- Baylor’s Galitz named Ray Guy Punter of the Week - September 19, 2017
- No. 6 Blue Raiders pound Bulldogs 68-26 - September 19, 2017