SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1, 2016
Photos by Chuck Cox
HONOLULU — This one was a little extra sweet.
First-year Hawai’i Head Coach Nick Rolovich guided his Rainbow Warriors to a convincing 38-17 win over Nevada at Aloha Stadium. Rolovich, a former quarterback at Hawaii, spent the past four seasons as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Nevada before returning to Hawaii where he started his coaching career back in 2008.
The win snapped a nine-game conference losing streak for Hawai’i. Dicoemy Saint Juste led the Rainbow Warrior offense with 207 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries. Hawai’i (2-3, 1-0) also got a big game from quarterback Dru Brown, who threw for 222 yards two touchdowns on 15-of-18 passing.
James Butler led the Wolf Pack in rushing with 169 yards and a touchdown.
Hawaii is back in action Saturday at the San Jose State Spartans while Nevada will play host to the Fresno State Bulldogs.
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017
- Canada, Mexico to stage college football championships Saturday - November 24, 2017
- Louisiana pulls away from NM State late for 47-34 win - November 21, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017