FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
MADISON, Ala. — The James Clemens (Madison, AL) Jets wasted no time Friday night putting the Grissom (Huntsville, AL) Tigers out of their misery.
Leading 62-0 at halftime, the only question was what the final score would be with half the game remaining. Fortunately for the Tigers, things slowed down a bit from there, and they matched the Jets with seven points apiece in what ultimately proved to be a 69-7 James Clemens win.
The 69 points were a program record for James Clemens. Grissom, meanwhile, tied a more dubious record becoming the third team in AHSAA history to give up 60 or more points in four straight games. The Tigers lost their previous three games by scores of 67-14, 62-13 and 60-19.
Next up for Grissom is a trip to New Market, Alabama this Friday to face the Buckhorn Bucks. James Clemens, meanwhile, will host the Huntsville (AL) Panthers.
- Sewanee holds off Austin College for 28-20 win on The Mountain - September 16, 2018
- Fighting Hawks fly past Delta Devils in 35-7 rout - August 30, 2018
- Hawaii holds off late Colorado State rally in 43-34 stunner - August 26, 2018
- Bethel (TN) stuns No. 2 Reinhardt in 2018 opener, 31-21 - August 24, 2018
- College Football America 2018 Yearbook rolls with the Tide on cover - July 24, 2018
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017