This week’s schedule will find us in Alabama, Texas … and Hawaii? Yeah, no kidding, Associate Publisher Chuck Cox in in the Aloha State, and he’ll deliver some shots from Hawaii’s game against Nevada late tonight.
Overall, it’s a light weekend in terms of the number of games we usually get to … but as usual, our geographical reach is wide.
Oklahoma Sooners at TCU Horned Frogs
Fort Worth, Texas
5:00 p.m. ET Saturday, October 1, 2016
The Oklahoma Sooners have been one of the major disappointments of the 2016 major college football season so far. At 1-2, they can pretty much forget about the College Football Playoff for now. Beating TCU might be a big enough chore, and they’ll have to focus on a Big 12 title before they can even contemplate the possibility of chasing a national title. And at No. 21, the 3-1 Horned Frogs will be a handful for a Sooners’ team that will be on the road.
Kentucky Wildcats at Alabama Crimson Tide
7:00 p.m. ET Saturday, October 1, 2016
The numbers on this one are just terrible for Kentucky. Start with the fact that the Tide hasn’t lost an October home game since 2004, and they are 17-0 under Nick Saban during that span. Then throw in the fact that in 39 all-time meetings, Kentucky has managed just two wins and a tie against Alabama. The last win came in overtime in 1997; the only other win in the series came in 1922. Yeah, the series has been that ugly, and there’s absolutely no reason to believe it will change today.
Nevada Wolf Pack at Hawaii Rainbow Warriors
Midnight ET Saturday, October 1, 2016
Does it even matter who’s playing at Hawaii? I’m guessing for Associate Publisher Chuck Cox, it matters not, but for the record, it’s the Nevada Wolf Pack that will be on hand around midnight Eastern Time when the game kicks off in Honolulu. Hawaii is coming off a much-needed bye where the 1-3 Rainbow Warriors spent time trying to come up with a plan to beat the visiting Wolf Pack in the Mountain West Conference opener for both teams. With only a 41-36 win over FCS opponent UT Martin, it could prove a tall order for the hosts.
- Garrett, Fournette lead the way for The Program in NFL Draft - April 30, 2017
- Bert Waters Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Benjamin H. Dibblee Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Charles D. Daly Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Lawrence “Biff” Jones Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Dana X. Bible Coaching Tree - February 21, 2017
- Paul J. Amen Coaching Tree - February 15, 2017
- Bill Hildebrand Coaching Tree - February 15, 2017
- Greg Robinson Coaching Tree - February 12, 2017
- Todd Graham Coaching Tree - February 12, 2017