This week’s schedule will find us in Alabama, Texas … and Hawaii? Yeah, no kidding, Associate Publisher Chuck Cox in in the Aloha State, and he’ll deliver some shots from Hawaii’s game against Nevada late tonight.
Overall, it’s a light weekend in terms of the number of games we usually get to … but as usual, our geographical reach is wide.
Oklahoma Sooners at TCU Horned Frogs
Fort Worth, Texas
5:00 p.m. ET Saturday, October 1, 2016
The Oklahoma Sooners have been one of the major disappointments of the 2016 major college football season so far. At 1-2, they can pretty much forget about the College Football Playoff for now. Beating TCU might be a big enough chore, and they’ll have to focus on a Big 12 title before they can even contemplate the possibility of chasing a national title. And at No. 21, the 3-1 Horned Frogs will be a handful for a Sooners’ team that will be on the road.
Kentucky Wildcats at Alabama Crimson Tide
7:00 p.m. ET Saturday, October 1, 2016
The numbers on this one are just terrible for Kentucky. Start with the fact that the Tide hasn’t lost an October home game since 2004, and they are 17-0 under Nick Saban during that span. Then throw in the fact that in 39 all-time meetings, Kentucky has managed just two wins and a tie against Alabama. The last win came in overtime in 1997; the only other win in the series came in 1922. Yeah, the series has been that ugly, and there’s absolutely no reason to believe it will change today.
Nevada Wolf Pack at Hawaii Rainbow Warriors
Midnight ET Saturday, October 1, 2016
Does it even matter who’s playing at Hawaii? I’m guessing for Associate Publisher Chuck Cox, it matters not, but for the record, it’s the Nevada Wolf Pack that will be on hand around midnight Eastern Time when the game kicks off in Honolulu. Hawaii is coming off a much-needed bye where the 1-3 Rainbow Warriors spent time trying to come up with a plan to beat the visiting Wolf Pack in the Mountain West Conference opener for both teams. With only a 41-36 win over FCS opponent UT Martin, it could prove a tall order for the hosts.
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 12 - November 17, 2017
- Sooners squash Frogs’ playoff hopes in 38-20 win - November 16, 2017
- Longhorns closing in on bowl eligibility with win over Kansas - November 16, 2017
- Cumberland crushes Kentucky Christian 62-23 - November 15, 2017
- Whitwell boots Gordonsville from TSSAA playoffs - November 15, 2017
- CFP Selection Committee releases third set of Top 25 rankings - November 14, 2017
- FWAA-NFF Super 16 reshaped by Georgia, Notre Dame losses - November 12, 2017
- North Dakota’s 2017 state champions are crowned - November 11, 2017
- High School Headlines: More state champs to be crowned this weekend - November 10, 2017
- The Road Report: College Football America Week 11 - November 9, 2017