SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
DURANT, Okla. — Southeastern Oklahoma celebrated homecoming with a resounding 45-14 Great American Conference win over Southern Nazarene.
The Savage Storm (3-1, 3-1) blew open a close game by out-scoring the Crimson Storm (0-4, 0-4), 28-7, in the second half. SOSU’s Delvon Wortham racked up an astounding 213 yards and one touchdown on just 13 carries, while teammate Ronnie Green rushed for 99 yards and three touchdowns on 23 carries.
Running back Jacoby Spady led the way for the Southern Nazarene offense with 112 yards and two touchdowns on the ground.
After losing its season opener to Henderson State, 13-11, SOSU has rattled off three straight wins and eclipsed 40 points in each of those contests. They’ll try to keep that streak alive next Saturday at Southwestern Oklahoma.
Southern Nazarene will keep hunting for that elusive first win of 2016 when they pay a visit to Southern Arkansas.
- Crimson Tide rolls past Rams in 41-23 win - September 20, 2017
- Blazers burn Coastal Carolina 30-23 in Birmingham - September 19, 2017
- Texas Wesleyan loses in first home game since 1941 - September 11, 2017
- Panthers shut out Dragons 44-0 to open season - September 8, 2017
- Hurricanes blast Wildcats in 41-13 season-opening win - September 8, 2017
- FAU stumbles against Navy in Kiffin’s debut - September 8, 2017
- TVCC pounds Pima 57-3 in Battle in the Valley opener - August 29, 2017
- NCAA FBS: Tennessee’s Dobbs leads Vols past Kentucky - November 13, 2016
- ONEFA/NCAA FCS: San Diego takes down UDLAP 49-25 in exhibition - November 7, 2016
- NCAA D2: Midwestern State crushes newcomer UTPB, 76-21 - November 4, 2016