SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
BELTON, Texas – It took five tries, but the Mary Hardin-Baylor Crusaders finally figured out how to beat the Linfield Wildcats.
The Cru broke open the game with a 28-point fourth quarter while rolling to a 66-27 victory over the 3rd-ranked Wildcats Saturday night in Belton. UMHB improved to 3-0 on the season with the win while the Wildcats fell to 1-1 on the year.
With the win, the Cru served notice that it once again should be one of the main challengers to end the reign of the Mount Union Purple Raiders in Division III. The game against Linfield could be summed up in just one statistic – the Cru out-rushed the Wildcats 335 yards to 1. Markeith Miller had just six carries, but ran for 165 yards and a touchdown – an average of 27.5 yards per rush. Quarterback Blake Jackson chipped in with 98 yards rushing and a touchdown on 14 carries while passing for 217 yards and three more scores.
Mary Hardin-Baylor takes a week off before hosting the McMurry War Hawks on October 1. Linfield is also idle before hosting Lewis and Clark on October 1.
- Postscripts: Week 11 - November 16, 2017
- FBS Hot Coaching Names: Nov. 12 Update - November 14, 2017
- The Heisman Race: Nov. 12 Update - November 13, 2017
- FCS Standings: Week 11 Final - November 13, 2017
- FBS Standings: Week 11 Final - November 13, 2017
- Postscripts: Week 10 - November 9, 2017
- 2017 Heisman Trophy: Nov. 6 update - November 7, 2017
- FCS Standings: Week 10 Final - November 6, 2017
- FBS Standings: Week 10 Final - November 6, 2017
- Hot Seat Coaches: Nov. 6 update - November 6, 2017