FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
SAN ANTONIO, Texas – The Arizona State Sun Devils scored 20 unanswered points to escape the Alamodome with a 32-28 victory over the scrappy UTSA Roadrunners on Friday evening in San Antonio.
The Sun Devils outscored UTSA 17-0 in the fourth quarter, including the go-ahead touchdown from Kalen Ballage out of the Sparky formation with 3:15 remaining in regulation while the defense held serve for the entire fourth quarter and shut out the Roadrunners to come away with the win.
After a shaky start to the game, quarterback Manny Wilkins competed 11-of-19 passes for 197 yards and two touchdowns with no picks over the final 33 minutes of play. He became the first quarterback since Jeff Krohn in 2000 to earn a victory in each of his first three career starts. Wilkins finished 15-of-31 for 264 yards and two touchdowns with an interception.
N’Keal Harry became the only Sun Devil outside of D.J. Foster to score in each of his first three career starts as a true freshman, finishing the game with five grabs for 78 yards and a touchdown.
- Column: It’s time for the Group of 5 to start its own playoff - January 7, 2018
- College Football Playoff, Bowl Game Schedule - December 15, 2017
- 2017-18 FBS Coaching Carousel: Dec. 13 Update - December 15, 2017
- NCAA, NAIA Playoff Results, Schedule: Dec. 3 update - December 9, 2017
- Heisman Trophy: Mayfield looks like the winner - December 8, 2017
- 2017 FBS Coaching Carousel: Dec. 6 Update - December 7, 2017
- FCS Standings: Week 14 Final - December 6, 2017
- FBS Standings: Week 14 Final - December 4, 2017
- 2017 FBS Coaching Carousel: Nov. 30 update - December 1, 2017
- 2017 FCS Standings: Week 13 Final - December 1, 2017