FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
SAN ANTONIO, Texas – The Arizona State Sun Devils scored 20 unanswered points to escape the Alamodome with a 32-28 victory over the scrappy UTSA Roadrunners on Friday evening in San Antonio.
The Sun Devils outscored UTSA 17-0 in the fourth quarter, including the go-ahead touchdown from Kalen Ballage out of the Sparky formation with 3:15 remaining in regulation while the defense held serve for the entire fourth quarter and shut out the Roadrunners to come away with the win.
After a shaky start to the game, quarterback Manny Wilkins competed 11-of-19 passes for 197 yards and two touchdowns with no picks over the final 33 minutes of play. He became the first quarterback since Jeff Krohn in 2000 to earn a victory in each of his first three career starts. Wilkins finished 15-of-31 for 264 yards and two touchdowns with an interception.
N’Keal Harry became the only Sun Devil outside of D.J. Foster to score in each of his first three career starts as a true freshman, finishing the game with five grabs for 78 yards and a touchdown.
- 2017 Head-Coaching Hire Analysis: First-Year Head Coaches - January 21, 2017
- Final FBS Standings for 2016 - January 17, 2017
- 2016-17 College Bowl Season Final Results - January 14, 2017
- FBS Coaching Carousel: Fickell, Kiffin return to head coaching ranks - December 13, 2016
- 2016 FBS Coaching Carousel: Baylor hires Temple’s Matt Rhule as head coach - December 7, 2016
- The Heisman Top 25: The Finalists Will Be … - December 4, 2016
- The Heisman Top 25 (November 29) - November 29, 2016
- 2016 FBS Coaching Carousel (November 28) - November 28, 2016
- The Heisman Top 25: November 25, 2016 - November 25, 2016
- The Heisman Top 25: November 17 - November 17, 2016