The College Football America 2016 Yearbook, the signature publication of RoadTripSports.com, is proud to unveil its Top 30 preseason football rankings. Today we look at the No. 14 teams from FBS, FCS, NCAA Division II, NCAA Division III, NAIA and junior colleges. The short previews below are part of the College Football America Yearbook, which is available through our store.
FBS: Florida Gators
Who is Luke Del Rio? He might be the Gators’ new starting quarterback and that could mean this offense has trouble getting off the ground early. Fortunately, CB Jalen Tabor is back to anchor the back line of the defense.
FCS: James Madison Dukes
James Madison must find a replacement for star quarterback Vad Lee, the conference’s Offensive Player of the Year. But the Dukes have some First-Team All-CAA picks back, including WR Brandon Ravenel (683 yards, 4 TDs), offensive lineman Mitchell Kirsch, LB Andrew Ankrah (56 tackles, 10.5 sacks) and cornerback Taylor Reynolds (46 tackles, 3 INTs).
NCAA Division II: Humboldt State Lumberjacks
Offensively, the Lumberjacks are stacked, and that starts with returning GNAC Offensive Player of the Year RB Ja’Quan Gardner. Gardner led all of Division II with 2,266 yards and a whopping 25 touchdowns. And he has two more years ahead of him.
NCAA Division III: Hardin-Simmons Cowboys
Hardin-Simmons lost a huge piece of last year’s success in ASC Offensive Player of the Year and All-American WR Jessie Ramos. But the Cowboys also lost a half-dozen All-ASC First Team selections as well, with the only returning All-ASC First Team performer being LB Cory Ward.
NAIA: St. Ambrose Fighting Bees
St. Ambrose is coming off an 8-2 season in 2015, which included a 3-2 record in the Mid-States Football Association’s Midwest League.
Junior College: Trinity Valley Cardinals
TVCC will look to continue its regular-season dominance and get back on track in the SWJCFC playoffs. The Cards will have to find a quarterback to replace Jerod Evans (Virginia Tech), last year’s conference Most Valuable Player.
Check back to find out who is next in the College Football America Preseason Top 30, as we count down through the end of August.
- 2017 FCS Standings: Week 2 Update - September 15, 2017
- Week 2 FBS Standings, Week 3 Schedule - September 14, 2017
- Postscripts: Week 2 Review - September 14, 2017
- Horned Frogs defense shuts down Arkansas in 28-7 win - September 11, 2017
- Villanova outlasts Lehigh for 38-35 season-opening win - September 8, 2017
- Army crushes Fordham at West Point, 64-6 - September 8, 2017
- Postscripts: Week 1 - September 7, 2017
- FBS Week 1 Standings, Week 2 Schedule - September 7, 2017
- UConn rallies in second half to upend Holy Cross, 27-20 - September 4, 2017
- Saint Francis (IN) No. 1 in CFA Yearbook’s NAIA Preseason Top 30 - August 24, 2017