SATURDAY, MARCH 19, 2016
Photos by Kendall Webb
MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – The RoadTripSports.com No. 17 Florida Atlantic Owls paid a visit to Murfreesboro, Tennessee, this past weekend and returned to Florida with a Conference USA series win.
The Owls dropped the opening game Friday night when the host Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders got the three-game series started with an 8-6 win, but the visitors from the Sunshine State evened things up on Saturday with a 7-2 victory. In the series finale Sunday, the Owls then showed why they are one of the nation’s top-ranked teams swatting the Blue Raiders around in a 12-1 beatdown.
FAU improved to 15-3 with the series win while Middle Tennessee fell to 11-9. Both teams will face tough midweek tests with the Owls traveling to Gainesville Tuesday night to face the Florida Gators who will move to No. 1 this week in the new RoadTripSports.com College Baseball Top 30 rankings. Middle Tennessee, meanwhile, will get the No. 2 Vanderbilt Commodores at home.
Both teams will then return to Conference USA action with both weekend series kicking off on Thursday night this week due to the Easter holiday on Sunday. Middle Tennessee will head to Western Kentucky for a Thursday-through-Saturday series against the Hilltoppers while Florida Atlantic will be back home in Boca Raton to host the UAB Blazers.
- Sewanee holds off Austin College for 28-20 win on The Mountain - September 16, 2018
- Fighting Hawks fly past Delta Devils in 35-7 rout - August 30, 2018
- Hawaii holds off late Colorado State rally in 43-34 stunner - August 26, 2018
- Bethel (TN) stuns No. 2 Reinhardt in 2018 opener, 31-21 - August 24, 2018
- College Football America 2018 Yearbook rolls with the Tide on cover - July 24, 2018
- 2017 RoadTripSports.com All-America Team - December 21, 2017
- College Football Playoff Projection - December 3, 2017
- College Football America RoadTripReplay Podcast: Episode 8 - December 1, 2017
- Analysis: College Football Playoff Scenarios - November 26, 2017
- King’s big day leads Houston past Navy 24-14 - November 26, 2017