SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2015
Photos by Matthew Postins
HUNTSVILLE, Texas – Quarterback Jeremiah Briscoe passed for 358 yards and four touchdowns and running back Corey Avery rushed 25 times for 197 yards and a score to lead Sam Houston to a 48-21 victory over Colgate in the NCAA Division I Football Championships quarterfinals Saturday at Elliott T. Bowers Stadium.
The Bearkats, now 11-3 for the year, advance to the FCS playoff semifinals next weekend. Sam Houston will face No. 1 seed Jacksonville State in Jacksonville, Ala. The Bearkats defeated the Gamecocks in the second round of the plays last year.
Sam Houston is making its fourth semifinal appearance in five consecutive FCS playoff trips.
The playoff victory Saturday moved Sam Houston into a tied for 10th place for most NCAA Division I Football Championship playoff victories with 16.
- 2017 FCS Standings: Week 2 Update - September 15, 2017
- Week 2 FBS Standings, Week 3 Schedule - September 14, 2017
- Postscripts: Week 2 Review - September 14, 2017
- Horned Frogs defense shuts down Arkansas in 28-7 win - September 11, 2017
- Villanova outlasts Lehigh for 38-35 season-opening win - September 8, 2017
- Army crushes Fordham at West Point, 64-6 - September 8, 2017
- Postscripts: Week 1 - September 7, 2017
- FBS Week 1 Standings, Week 2 Schedule - September 7, 2017
- UConn rallies in second half to upend Holy Cross, 27-20 - September 4, 2017
- Saint Francis (IN) No. 1 in CFA Yearbook’s NAIA Preseason Top 30 - August 24, 2017