SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2015
Photos by Matthew Postins
HUNTSVILLE, Texas – Quarterback Jeremiah Briscoe passed for 358 yards and four touchdowns and running back Corey Avery rushed 25 times for 197 yards and a score to lead Sam Houston to a 48-21 victory over Colgate in the NCAA Division I Football Championships quarterfinals Saturday at Elliott T. Bowers Stadium.
The Bearkats, now 11-3 for the year, advance to the FCS playoff semifinals next weekend. Sam Houston will face No. 1 seed Jacksonville State in Jacksonville, Ala. The Bearkats defeated the Gamecocks in the second round of the plays last year.
Sam Houston is making its fourth semifinal appearance in five consecutive FCS playoff trips.
The playoff victory Saturday moved Sam Houston into a tied for 10th place for most NCAA Division I Football Championship playoff victories with 16.
- Valdosta State wins D2 national title - December 15, 2018
- UMHB Crusaders win Stagg Bowl, 24-16 - December 15, 2018
- Ferris State takes down Ouachita Baptist in D2 playoffs - December 2, 2018
- UMHB rolls past Hardin-Simmons in Division III first-round playoff win - November 18, 2018
- Hamilton, Garth Brooks and some football too on the CFA Road Trip Replay - October 22, 2018
- Heidelberg beats Otterbein to retain Rhine River Cup - October 16, 2018
- Ohio State Buckeyes, NW Missouri Bearcats lead Road Trip Replay Podcast - October 16, 2018
- Haskins leads Ohio State Buckeyes past Minnesota - October 15, 2018
- Texas Tech Red Raiders drop TCU in Fort Worth - October 15, 2018
- Kansas State Wildcats, State Fair Classic highlight fourth 2018 CFA Podcast - October 3, 2018