FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2015
Photos by Matthew Postins
DETROIT – Behind redshirt-senior Travis Greene’s career-high 183 rushing yards and two touchdowns, redshirt-senior Matt Johnson’s 235 passing yards and two touchdowns, and the BGSU defense’s three interceptions and two fumble recoveries, the Falcons controlled the game from start to finish in a 34-14 win over Northern Illinois to win the 2015 Marathon Mid-American Conference Championship Game on Friday night at Ford Field in Detroit, Mich.
The 2015 conference title is the second MAC Championship over the last three years for the Falcons and is the 12th MAC Championship in school history.
BGSU nearly doubled NIU in total yards with 501 yards compared to the Huskies’ 259 yards, as the Falcons had a balance attack with 266 rushing yards and 235 passing yards for the game.
The Falcons’ defense forced five Huskie turnovers – two fumbles and three interceptions – and held NIU to just 2-of-13 overall on third down attempts and 1-of-5 on fourth down tries for the contest.
- Column: It’s time for the Group of 5 to start its own playoff - January 7, 2018
- College Football Playoff, Bowl Game Schedule - December 15, 2017
- 2017-18 FBS Coaching Carousel: Dec. 13 Update - December 15, 2017
- NCAA, NAIA Playoff Results, Schedule: Dec. 3 update - December 9, 2017
- Heisman Trophy: Mayfield looks like the winner - December 8, 2017
- 2017 FBS Coaching Carousel: Dec. 6 Update - December 7, 2017
- FCS Standings: Week 14 Final - December 6, 2017
- FBS Standings: Week 14 Final - December 4, 2017
- 2017 FBS Coaching Carousel: Nov. 30 update - December 1, 2017
- 2017 FCS Standings: Week 13 Final - December 1, 2017